Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

I have Outlook 2013 in Office 365 Home Premium.

I have Outlook 2013 in Office 365 Home Premium. In the middle of typing a new e-mail the text suddenly reduced to a minute size. Now all incoming e-mail remains as per default (Calibri 11) but as soon as a new message or reply is called up the text immediately becomes minute. I have found the default settings and tried resetting the text defaults, but the problem remains. Suggestions please. Barry xxxx***@******.***

Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
I am not sure if this is what you did when you reset the text defaults, so will specify the steps in case
Go to View tab -> Current View -> View settings.
In the Advanced View Settings dialog box, click Reset Current View.
Then test and tell me please if you still have the problem.
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and fix the issue if possible.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps for repair.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry, no difference.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No problem Barry
Can you do the following please
Close outlook
Click on Start
Type Outlook /safe
Then press enter
Go to File ->Options ->Add-Ins.
Select Com Add-ins -> Click on GO.
Uncheck the available Add-ins -> Click on OK.
Then close Outlook
Open it and tell me if you still have the problem.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Still no difference. Apologies for delay, problem on my wife's laptop, which is not in the same place as my desktop that I am talking to you on.

Barry

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thats no problem at all Barry
It may just be the zoom thats the issue.
When composing click on the Zoom button on the Home tab.
Does this fix it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Brilliant! It is always the simple things, isn't it!!! My wife thought she must have accidentally clicked on something, but didn't know what.

Take the 30 quid and many thanks.

Barry

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Perfect! And yes it is :)
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen or smiley faces, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Will do, and can I get a receipt, please?

Barry

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
I can't do that here sorry Barry as I am just an engineer.
But email customer service on
***@******.*** and they can help you with this.
Let me know if you have any difficulties please