Chris L.
Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Email Expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

Whilst writing an email it disappeared from my screen .what

Customer Question

whilst writing an email it disappeared from my screen .what did i "hit" and can i get it back?
Category: Email
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you. Which email service are you using? Also did the text get erased or have you just lost the window?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

being a novice I am not to sure what you mean by email service other than gmail. the whole letter just disappeared from the screen, as if it had never been there.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Ok what may have happened is you accidentally erased is. While typing your hands may have hit the CTRL button and the letter A which would select all text and then if you hit another key you would have erased what you typed. Try the following, hold the CTRL key and press the letter Z to undo the erase. This will only work if you have not closed the compose email window. Gmail automatically saves drafts of your email so also check the drafts folder but if too much time has past it may only have saved the blank version. In this situation what you would have needed to do as soon as you lost the text is press CTRL and Z at the same time. Give it a try though. Also have a look in your drafts folder. If neither of those work you unfortunately have no other options but to type the email again I am sorry to say. Please do me a favor and take a moment to rate my service by clicking the stars above, 3 or more is very appreciated, we can still chat after rating if you need more help. Thanks,Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you Chris.

I did follow your suggestion but, as you feared , it was too late. However in case this happens again - perish the thought - I will keep it in mind and press the necessary immediately.

Thankyou so much.

Pamela

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
You are very welcome. Send me a message any time if you need help. Have a good day. - Chris
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Please do me a favor and take a moment to rate my service by clicking the stars above, 3 or more is very appreciated, we can still chat after rating if you need more help.