Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

There, i archived an email from outlook, imported it back

Customer Question

hi there, i archived an email from outlook, imported it back in its now blank, is there anything i can do, i'm concerned I've lost all emails older than April
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
Are you using Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 or a Mac?
Are you using MS Outlook 2007, 2010 or 2013?
Please let me know so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

mac outlook 2013

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for writing back with that information. If your original PST file, which stores all your emails and other Outlook stuffs are still intact and not badly corrupted, then there is a big chance to recover the emails.
Can I remotely access yous Mac so that I can directly assist you in fixing this email issues while you watch?
Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($15) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes please, I'm worried the pst is corrupted

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your permission to do remote access. I will now send the formal additional service offer of remote access.
Please accept it so that I can create our remote session. After accepting it, you will then receive the procedures to join me in the remote session.
Best regards,
Jess
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for accepting my additional service offer of remote access so that I can help you directly in fixing your problem. For me to remote in, we need a remote access tool. At this point, since you are using Mac, we can use Team Viewer.
Please click on this link:
http://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/mac.aspx
In that page, please locate and download the tool listed under Additional Downloads labeled "For the instant customer: TeamViewer QuickSupport"
After downloading, RUN the tool and then give me the 9-digit ID and the password ***** that I can remote in. Also, DO NOT close the small team viewer window so that I can remote in.
Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i haven't got a password? just the window?

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Did you download the .DMG file and run it? The remote tool should be downloaded and then run and it shall look like this screen shot:
http://filesxpress.com/download-f3d239a9e1bef9fd13fdeff26f2cd893
There you can see the 9-digit ID and the password.
Keep me posted.
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

617 405 558

1451

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. I will connect now.
Regards,
Jess