Shefin
Shefin, Internet and Email Specialist
Experience:  Working as Tech support specialist with a world famous computer manufacturer
15907069

Can you check emails scamming

Can you check emails for possible scamming
Category: Email
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please let me know the email address that you have received the emails from, and let me know the content of the mail, so that I can assist you better.

S H E F I N
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
***@******.*** Fron a Dating site***@******.*** Landlord of above demanding rent money

Are these emails likely to be involved in scamming

Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Could you please let me know the content? Can you copy and paste it over here? Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Shefin

The mail form ozil wermer is asking me to pay 2450 euros for rent owed by Jacqueline Asante.

Emails from Jacqueline are just general talk and how she would like to come to the UK but that she owed her landlord rent. It is this that makes me think there might be a scam involved. I have read on the internet there are ways of checking where e-mails orginate from but I don't know how to do this. Apparently if Helo is in the header then it is probably fake.

Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hi, There is no doubt that this is a scam. Please do not reply these type of emails. Emergency scams play off of peoples’ emotions and strong desire to help others in need. Scammers impersonate their victims and make up an urgent situation—I’ve been arrested, I’ve been mugged, I’m in the hospital—and target friends and family with urgent pleas for help, and money.Emergency scams also come in all shapes and sizes. There’s the Grandparent Scam where con artists contact the elderly claiming to be their grandchild, urgently asking for money. And the Social Networking Scam where con artists hack into social networking accounts and then target friends with frantic requests for money, claiming injury, arrest, etc.; they do the same by hacking email accounts. They use the information in these accounts to supply enough personal detail to make their requests appear legitimate.Another type : The relationship scam starts simply: A man and woman meet on the Internet. The relationship progresses: They email, talk on the phone, and trade pictures. And, finally, they make plans to meet, and even to get married. As the relationship gets stronger, things start to change. The man asks the woman to wire him money; he needs bus fare to visit a sick uncle. The first wire transfer is small but the requests keep coming and growing—his daughter needs emergency surgery, he needs airfare to come for a visit, etc. The payback promises are empty; the money’s gone, and so is he. Most scams involve a request to wire funds. Do not wire funds to anyone you haven't met personally. Scammers create convincing reasons why they need to deal remotely. Likewise, do not accept wire funds that you did not initiate. Please check the link below, so that you can get some points about the scam.http://www.zillow.com/wikipages/Beware-of-Scams-and-Other-Internet-Fraud/ If you have any questions, please be back and let me know.If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!Thank you!S H E F I N