Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

I have been recieving email with differant email addresses

I have been recieving email with differant email addresses one noted below, advising me to upgrade my account by clicking on the prompt. POlease advise if they are genuine and do I need to update my account and how do I carry this out.
Thank You
Customer Support
Dear AOL member,
This is to inform you that on 7th July 2015, AOL will discontinue support on your account and security.
If you choose not to update your account on or before 8th July 2015, you will not be able to read and send emails
and you will no longer have access to many of the latest features for improved, conversations, contacts and attachments.
Take a minute to update your account for a faster, safer and full-featured AOL experience.
Update Your Account
AOL Mail Support
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
No, this is a scam, they take you to a page and get you to pay for an upgrade that is not anything to do with AOL, so basically they make money from this and are also able to get your credit cards details and other information to use for additional ways to gain money from you.
This is nothing to do with AOL (even though it looks authentic) and you are advised to please delete the email. AOL will never email you with such a request.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Richard, Do I need to update my account or is this done automaticly

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Nothing about your account needs to be updated Paul, its all a trick, there is nothing wrong with your account, and it will continue to work fine.
You only need to delete the email.