Frederick S
Frederick S, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Computer technician; founder of a home PC repair company.
33925084

Outlook. Moving files to file folders used to automatically

Customer Question

Outlook. Moving files to file folders used to automatically delete them from Inbox. No more. Have to now take 2 extra steps: 1)confirm that the file went into the folder, and 2) go back and delete from Inbox. How can I return to old way of automatic deletion
from inbox when moved into a file folder?
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Are you dragging the emails to another folder?
And which version of outlook are you using?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Version 14.5.2
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
You did though missed the first question sorry, as I need to know this
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.