Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

Madam, I am using Microsoft outlook at the moment

Dear Sir/Madam,
I am using Microsoft outlook at the moment but for the last couple of days I don't seem to have received as many emails as usual. Work colleages have told me they have sent me information but yet I have not received anything. This morning I turned my computer on, a message came up that I was receiving 1 of 14 emails but none of them have come through to me. It seems that alot of emails have gone missing and some don't even get through to me at all. Do you have any advice on what the problem could be?
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your email issues. By the way, are you using Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 or a Mac?

Also, are you using MS Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013?

Please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Jess, Thank you for getting back to me, I am using Windows 7, and using MS Outlook 2007.

Hope this helps

Darrell

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Darrell,

Thank you for writing back with that information. Can you please tell me the email domain name or provider of the email account in your Outlook 2007? Is it @gmail.com? @yahoo.com? @hotmail.com? or others? (Please do not post the full email address, only the part with the @ sign.

Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The company email address is @avalontp.co.uk

Is that what you mean?

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for that information. The problem here could be the email account itself so it will be better if you can check the email using the webmail (not Outlook) and also to check for filters and views that could have caused this problem.

Can I remotely access your computer so that I can check your Outlook 2007 issues and fix them while you watch?

Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($15) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.

Please let me know if you want this remote option.

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Many Thanks for the reply.

I shall check the email using the webmail and see if the problem lies within this area.

With regards ***** ***** remote option, this decision should be made by the director of the company so unfortunately it is out of my hands.

Many thanks for your assistance and I will be back in touch if I need you again.

Kind Regards

Darrell

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Darrell,

Thank you for writing back and I understand and respect your decision regarding the remote option.

Now, if you can access your email using the web browser (webmail), from there you can see if the missing emails are there. If the emails are there, then the problem lies in your MS Outlook 2007.

If the missing emails are NOT there, then you need to consult your email or website administrator who manages your email to see if there are some filters applied to your account that rejects the emails that was sent to you recently.

However, if the email are in the webmail but you did not see them in your Outlook, please check the VIEWS settings in your Outlook.You can RESET VIEWS in your Outlook so that the view settings will be restored to defaults. The emails could have been downloaded already but are nto easily accessible because of some view settings.

For more information regarding the View settings in Outlook, please refer to this link:
https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/Create-change-or-customize-a-view-79380d82-395a-4870-b427-72b823fdab7c

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years