Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

Could you please explain how I could get a iphone 4 unlocked

Customer Question

could you please explain how I could get a iphone 4 unlocked please my granddaughter gave it to me but never got it unlocked she is still a customer with you
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Do you know which provider the iPhone was originally locked to?
And how do you know it is still locked?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

02 I have tried to insert a talktalk sim and it came up it was locked

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Not sure who helped you at the store, but they did not know what they were talking about.
The phone has to and can be locked by O2 and is dependent on conditions of the contract it was initially made with.
If it was a pay as you go, you fill in this form and O2 do the reset and will contact you when its done.
https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form
If its from a Pay & Go customer, your O2 mobile can be unlocked 12 months after purchase for a one-off £15 fee which they deduct from your airtime balance.
If this is the case then once you have a balance of £15.00 or more on your phone, just fill out this unlocking form and they'll look after the rest.
They'll send you an unlocking code and instructions within 3 working days of receiving your form.
That's all there is to it and once done the phone can be used with any network worldwide.
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

is it possible that someone could explain to me why I have been charged 26 pounds for a 7 day free trial I am still in the same position as when I asked my first question

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
You can email customer service at***@******.*** if you do not wish to pay for the details and concise answer I gave you.
It is not possible for you to be " still in the same position as when I asked my first question" as I told you exactly, step by step, what you need to do, so am very confused by this type of response.