Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

I have received an email from Bt asking me to confirm my personal

Customer Question

I have received an email from Bt asking me to confirm my personal details for updating Broadband. Is it genuine
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
No it is not. You will never receive an email from BT for this, it is a method for the scammers who have sent this to gain your BT details (username, password *****).
Please do not do anything the email asks you to do, and delete the email.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It concerns me that someone else is registered with JustAnswer using my email address i.e.***@******.*** do I stop it being used?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
This is you, its not possible with Just Answer to register two accounts with the same email address, the system stops this. You by accident tried to register again.