Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

I have deleted a couple of video files by mistake. Is there

Customer Question

HI
I have deleted a couple of video files by mistake. Is there a piece of software I can download to recover these? I have a Canon Legria HFg25 video camera.
Yvonne
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Where exactly did you delete these from Yvonne?
Your memory card on the video camera? From the computer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Richard

I transferred all the files to my computer, then sorted the ones I want to keep, writing down the file names. In June) Then I deleted the superfluous clips - from both the camera and the computer. Yesterday when I was looking for two of them I realised I had deleted two that I need. I cleared my recycle bin on my computer a month ago so I can't retrieve them from there either.

Yvonne

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

If I recall correctly, they were on the camera memory initially and I transferred them to the card to download them.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok, then we run a recovery program on the computer to try to recover them
The program is called Recuva and I have a free, legal version you ca download here
http://www.filehippo.com/download_recuva
Choose "Download Latest Version" In the top right.
Install and run it and perform a full scan of the computer.
Then check if it is able to recover the files. If any program can, this will find it.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Richard, so is there no way of scanning the camera to recover it, rather than the computer?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Connect the camera to the computer so the computer sees the memory on it then when you run the scan as its going to run over the computer AND all connected devices by default (so just accept the settings before running the scan) then it will also run the scan on the camera Yvonne.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

GIve me a few minutes while I find the download cables..... Will it also work if I eject the memory card and insert that into my computer card slot?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
That will also work Yvonne.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

HI, It is scanning now....15 minutes left!

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, fingers crossed here Yvonne!
If you do not see them, dont close the program! just tell me here please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I scanned the camera (whilst plugged in to the computer) It said it is scanning 235 files so it looked hopeful, but then came up with zero at the end. Now I am scanning the Recycle bin....10 minutes to go

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, at the end of it you may have the option to do a deep scan.
If so, choose this for a second round of scanning.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Richard

I have done a deep scan of my recycle bin too, and it came up with one movie file only, (one I don't recognise) - yet it says it was scanning over 24, 000 files.

Do you have any other tips? Don't you have Canon camera-specific recovery software?

Yvonne

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
This is all you can do sorry Yvonne.
If the recovery software was not able to recover it, it will not be recoverable sorry. We have done all the steps possible.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Richard, Software Engineer
Experience: Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you Richard - I guess we tried all we could

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
We did Yvonne, if it was possible to get back we would have, I can promise you that.
On another note, I would be very proud to have your opinion shown publicly as a sign of good service to other customers.
To give your opinion which would be greatly appreciated, just visit the link below:
Click me to Open
Thank you very much.