Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

I can not set up new hot mail acount my old acount keeps

Customer Question

I can not set up new hot mail acount my old acount keeps saying authentic failed cannot connect to server please help
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me please in which email program you have this problem in?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hotmail my partner uses Hotmail as well. It seems I can not match my password to the server it does not tell u a way to find password r

for server

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, but I need please Kathy to know which email program you are using to connect to hotmail. eg: Outlook 2010, Windows Live Mail?
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Outlook

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, reset your password ***** my link below Kathy
https://account.live.com/resetpassword.aspx
Once done, then use this new password ***** outlook for connecting.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm happy for u to do it

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, please accept the additional service offer I made and I can then do this.