Sudipto
Sudipto, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Computer Hardware EngineerCertificate Course In Computer Maintenance,8+ years of Experience in computer troubleshooting
15197395

I am not able to login on my server Pop3.karoo.co.uk it is

I am not able to login on my server Pop3.karoo.co.uk it is saying Thunderbird sending of password ********@******.*** did not succeed Mail server Pop3.karoo.co.uk responded: +ok then Login to Server Pop3.karoo.co.uk failed Retry Enter New Password *****
I have tried to enter new password ***** still I am not able to get on to the outgoing server. I can get on with my Kindle but not on my laptop, please help me as I don't know what to try as checked settings on my Kindle and laptop and they are the same.
Tina Towse
Category: Email
Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
WELCOME TO JUST ANSWER!! My name is ***** ***** today I will assist you to solve or identify your problem.

Did you changed the password ***** your email address, I mean did you created a new password ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes,changed password

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, changed passworkd

Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
How did you created a new password ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I was asked to create a new password

Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
Do you mean thunderbird asked you create the new password ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No, my server I assume, the message I received was:

Login to Server Pop3.karoo.co.uk failed then one box had Retry another box had New Password ***** another box had Cancel

Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
Can you give the old password, which is not working ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No, I am not sure of that password ***** more

Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the information, the box you got for the new password ***** ***** for changing the old password, as the old password ***** not working anymore, Thunderbird asked you to enter a new password, because it is not possible to change the password ***** Thunderbird and the message you got was from Thunderbird and not from the server. I am giving a link below, please try to login from there with your email and password ***** let me know. https://www.kc.co.uk/Account/Login?ReturnUrl=%2fAccount%2fHome
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Still not working on my laptop, I can only think of removing Thunderbird and reloading it to see if that will help

Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
No, that will not help, as there is no "new password" and you have forgotten the old password, can you make any guesses for the old password, it may help me to get you back to the account.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

All I can think of it is cuddles or could be cuddles738 or cuddles9, it could be any of those or it could be treacles7 or treacles9, I cannot think of any other ones that I could have used.

Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
OK, let me check.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok

Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
Sorry no password ***** ***** do you have any other email address, which you have created before this one ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The thing is that I am receiving emails on my Kindle but not my lap top and using the same email address, it is must be something to do with my laptop or maybe I should get in touch with karoo to sort out the problem.

Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
Yes, that is normal, because in your Kindle the old password ***** ***** and it is working very well, but in the laptop the server settings was changed in TB for some reason and that is why it asked for the password ***** as you have forgotten the password, it did not able to login. There is a way to retrieve the password ***** TB, but I don't know it will work or not, because you have already entered a new password. I can directly connect with your PC and help you to solve the problem or we can chat like this to work it out, please let me know, what you want to do ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Will you be able to help me if you connect directly with my PC as I really rely on my laptop to get in touch with my friends and when I have ordered things off the internet,

Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
Yes. I will be able to help you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok, we will try that

Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
OK, before that I will like to know, what version of Windows do you use, like XP, Vista, & etc. ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I use Windows 7

Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** is an additional service, I am sending an offer for that, please accept it and reply me back for the instructions to start the service.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry I am not able to pay the price at the present time as I don't have that kind of money. I will have to get in touch with my broadband supplier tomorrow.

Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
OK, no problem. I can also provide the steps here and you can try them out.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is only my outgoing mail that is the problem, I can send messages but not receive them if that is any help

Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
I do not understand, if your outgoing mail is the problem then, how you can send the emails ?
Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
pop server is incoming mail server.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, it is my incoming messages

Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
OK, open TB then follow the steps below to see the saved passwords and let me know and let me know the password ***** for Pop3.karoo.co.uk or Pop.karoo.co.uk. Tools -> Options -> Security-> Passwords -> View Saved Passwords
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The password ***** ***** which is my new password

Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
I feared that, I am sorry your actual password ***** overwritten by the new password, if you have not entered this password ***** that box, I may be able to get back to your account, anyway you have to contact the service provider for the password ***** after getting the working password, if you still face the same problem, you can contact me and I will help you to solve the Thunderbird problem, but please this time write down the password.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I will contact my broadband provider tomorrow night as can't get to them any earlier. Thanks for you help anyway

Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.