Frederick S
Frederick S, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Computer technician; founder of a home PC repair company.
33925084

I can not access my email as I am being told my browser is

Customer Question

I can not access my email as I am being told my browser is out of date. I can still access other sites without any problems. Why is this
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Before I can help you with this, please tell me the following:
  1. Are you using Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 or a Mac?
  2. Which email service are you using: Gmail? Yahoo Mail? Hotmail? or others?
  3. Which web browser are you using: Internet Explorer? Chrome? FIrefox? Safari or others?

Please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Xl

Talk talk

Internet explorer

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi Rosemary,

Thank you for writing back with that information and I am very sorry about your issues. So are you saying that your email is ending with @talktalk.com or @talktalk.net?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Talktalk.net

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for that confirmation and I am very sorry about your persisting issues. Unfortunately, this is an issue with your out-of-date browser that is becoming incompatible with your Talktalk email. As talktalk is working on enahncing their email service, they require a minimum browser requirement for their email to work.

Since you are using Windows XP, you will be limited as to what browsers to install in your computer.

Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check your browser requirements so that you can continue to use your talktalk email?

Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($15) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.

Please let me know if you want this remote option.

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I agree to remote access

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi Rosemary,

Thank you for your permission to do remote access. I will now send the formal additional service offer of remote access.

Please accept it so that I can create our remote session. After accepting it, you will then receive the procedures to join me in the remote session.

Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I no longer wish this service

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi Rosemary,

I am very sorry about that. You just replied to me earlier about your permission to use remote access. Do you want to cancel this question? Or can we proceed with the remote session?

Jess