Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

Trying to mount a new 32gb "integral" sd card in my Huawei

Trying to mount a new 32gb "integral" sd card in my Huawei T1-701w FCC ID
: QIST1-701w. It seems to operate accepting one backup, but after a very short while announces itself as a "Blank SD card. SD card is blank or has unsupported file system". I have put a similar SD card from my phone into it and it reads that OK. This is the second SD card I've tried in the tablet, the first was a Sony 32 gb and it didn't like that either. I purchased the present card having specified the tablet model etc before ordering it. Any ideas? Brian McAvoy.
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you put the SD card into your phone so your phone can read it, then go to Settings, Storage and format the sd card so its in the correct format.
Then put the card into the Huawei and tell me please if it then functions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did as you suggested, still didn't work. A friend said that the Huawei wouldn't support any 32gb sd card and to try a 16gb card from my phone. Bingo! It seems quite happy with that so I'm using the 32 gb card in my laptop. Sorry your suggestion didn't work. I expect my deposit will now be cancelled? Thanks for your response anyway. Best wishes, Brian McAvoy.