Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

Have had windows .7.ultimate running ok. have upgraded to win.10.

have had windows .7.ultimate running ok. have upgraded to win.10. but have rolled back to 7.now my pc tells me my os.is not genuine please help
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you please click start, then right click computer and select properties.
Go to the bottom of the screen there and click on Activate to activate the licence.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

have done as you said but all I get is buy new product key the activation no is invalid

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Where exactly did you install windows from Peter? As its only going to say this if in fact its an illegal copy or you purchased it after market.
Please let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi there I got it online from a so called tech expert who offered to upgrade me from XP. I have obviously been duped, is there

anything that can be done to legitimize my installed copy

best regards

Pete

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Yes you were duped sorry Pete as it was a fake copy.
The only thing you can do is to purchase an authentic copy of windows, as you need to be legal and with windows 10 and the upgrades, Microsoft are finding this out more easily.
So if you do wish to become legit with your version of windows, you can purchase it from here
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-Windows-Professional-Full-Version/dp/B002DUCMTC
I know its expensive but thats the cost of windows...
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

If I purchase a legit copy can I install on top of existing as I have a lot of stuff that I do not wish to loose , or will I have to make a copy of my existing drive

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
You would have to do a clean reinstall sorry Peter as your not upgrading but replacing an illegal copy of windows, so it has to be done from scratch.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.