Mike the Mac Medic
Mike the Mac Medic, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I have just installed Mozilla Thunderbird. Previously I was

Customer Question

I have just installed Mozilla Thunderbird. Previously I was with Microsoft Outlook. In my contacts list I have a group comprising 51 names.I regularly sent emails through Microsoft to this group. Thunderbird will not send an email to the group saying there are too many members of the group Does Thunderbird have a limit on the number of contacts in a group? if so, how do I get round the problem? I don't really want to split the group in two Thanks Paul XXXXXXX

Category: Email
Expert:  Mike the Mac Medic replied 2 years ago.
Normally that is only limited by your email provider and TB has a limit of about 60 but you might want to try using distribution lists instead: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-create-and-use-mailing-lists-thunderbird
OK did you figure out the lists?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

You replied sending notes on how to create a mailing list. I assume this is the same a a mailing list.

I already have a mailing list in my contacts entitled Rabbits {golfers} with 51 members. Whenever I try to send an email the following message comes up

"An error occurred while sending email. The mail server responded : too many recipients from 86.143.116.216.Please check message and try again"

Will this be a BT mail server or a Thunderbird mail server?

Any other suggestions?

I assume this is covered by the fee I have already paid

Yes that is your email provider not Thunderbird. I suggest you use a service like Constant Contact or MailChimp to send to lists. You can get your email address blacklisted as a spammer.
Let me know a picture would help