Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

This evening I started my computer which has windows 10 downloaded

this evening I started my computer which has windows 10 downloaded and was greeted with a window informing me that start menu and cortana aren't working . will try to fix when you next log on / sign in this has not happened I sign on as***@******.***
Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 1 year ago.
HiI'm sorry about the issue. If you turn off the computer, then turn it back on, does it show the sign in screen? If yes, what happens when you sign in?Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the information is shown in a window and it is not possible to access any further

Let's try a possible, simple solution first. Can you please press and hold the power on/off button on the computer for about 10 seconds, then turn it back on. Then does it show the sign in screen? If yes, what happens when you sign in?Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

now have a aptio setup utility page on the screen

Please exit / quit that, then check. Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

that has not sorted the problem which I think is a windows 10 software I am still receiving the message of start not working

Does it let you open / use Internet?Please let me know the following, so I can troubleshoot further: After shutting down the computer, then turn it back on, does it show the sign in screen (where you would enter your password)? Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

there ios no sign in the screen where you enter the password ***** information is shown on the desktop screen

Does it let you click on the Power icon? If yes, do you see the Shutdown and Restart options? Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have to use a n icon in the bottom left corner all start access in the bottom left corner is not available

Press at the same time the 3 keys Ctrl, Alt, Del on your keyboard, then what do you see? Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have since last message gone to the right hand icon and instead of signing out as instructed pressed restart and there is an update getting carried out. have opened the computer via password ***** the system is now working Microsoft not giving correct information if informed to restart and not sign out there would not be confusion problem sorted thanks

You're welcome. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service today by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much for your patience,
Viet - Email Tech, Other
Experience: Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.