Jason Jones
Jason Jones, Computer Technician
Experience:  10+ years of work experience.
30759776

My Kindle has worked perfectly up until now, but suddenly when

My Kindle has worked perfectly up until now, but suddenly when I tried to start reading one of the new books I had already downloaded, lots of advertisements appear and the pages will not turn?
Category: Email
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 2 years ago.
I am the person that will be helping you today.
May I ask for the model name of your Kindle?
I will be standing by.
Jason
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That is a difficult question to answer because my family bought it for me as a gift and it was already reposing in a hard cover and inside it just has the one word 'kindle' with the 'k' in lower casing? It was bought from Amazon and Inalways purchase my books from Amazon.
Here is a list of the different models: http://www.the-ebook-reader.com/kindle-comparison.html
Which one is yours?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I tried to release it from the hard cover but without success, but in view of the way I download the books from Amazon I would imagine it isThe -ebook-reader? Is there an alternative way I could discover this information?
Yes, all Kindles are Ebook Readers.
Does your Kindle have a built in keyboard with buttons?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The keyboard is just the alphabet and punctuation marks?
In your case, the best option is to reset the Kindle to factory settings. This will erase all on the Kindle, but you can re-download everything after it is reset.
- From the home screen, select the "Menu button".
- Choose "Settings".
- Choose the "Menu button" again and select "Reset Device".
- Choose "Confirm" if prompted
Reset the Kindle.
Once that is complete, you can reconnect to your wireless signal, sign into your Amazon account, and be all set.
If you need anything else in the future, please let me know.
Thank you for your time today.
- Jason
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Jason, when I switch it on, first of all I get a screen saver, next I press the little button at the bottom and the screen saver disappears and from there it just says Mrs's Kindle, below that Showing 28 Items on the left hand side and By author on the right hand side. The books shows from there onwards, titles on the left hand side, and author on the right.May I just add that I am 87 years of age and I really love my kindle, would hate to loose it and with 28 unread books I am understandably concerned
After you reset it, you can download those 28 books again at no charge because you have already purchased them.
Do you have a keyboard on your Kindle that are actual buttons?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The only keyboard I have is identical to the typewriter key board for ordering fresh books and a button at the bottom with a 'press to close sign. Not being very helpful am I?
Please, follow the instructions below to reset your Kindle. It will erase everything on it, including the faults. After it is reset, you can simply reconfigure it just as you did when you first purchased it.
- Swipe down from the top of the screen and tap Settings.
- Tap Device Options, and then tap Reset to Factory Defaults.
- Tap Reset to confirm.
After the reset is complete, you can log into your wireless signal & account. Once that is complete, your books will download.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for this information andI will tackle the exercise tomorrow. Can I contact you again if necessary?
Yes, if you have any issues after rating me today, please post a message later on.
I look forward to your rating of my help.
Jason