Shefin
Shefin, Internet and Email Specialist
Experience:  Working as Tech support specialist with a world famous computer manufacturer
15907069

I have down loaded windows 10 on a windows 7 computer. Now

I have down loaded windows 10 on a windows 7 computer. Now the screen shows an error message ' start menu and Cortana are not working. We will try to fix it next time you sign on.'
By clicking on windows explorer I located the 'windows old' folder. The recovery folder was empty, so I am stuck as what to do now.
Can you help please.
Category: Email
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hello!Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today. May I know the Antivirus program you are using? Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The antivirus program is AVG, from memory it is not the free version but I cannot get in to give you that data. William
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Please try the instructions in the link below.http://www.kickiteasy.com/taskbar-start-menu-cortana-issues/ If the issue persists, uninstall the Antivirus program and reinstall it. If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!Thank you!S H E F I N
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The computer is still signing out, so no progress at the moment
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Have you tried the instructions in the link I have given? Have you tried removing and reinstalling Antivirus program? Thank you.S H E F I N