Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

I RECENTLY UPGRADED FROM WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE TO WINDOWS 10

Customer Question

HI I RECENTLY UPGRADED FROM WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE TO WINDOWS 10 BOTH MY DESKTOP AND LAPTOP WHAT A MISTAKE I HAVE LOST MOST OF MY FILES /PROGRAMS ECT AND THOSE I DO FIND FLAG UP AS"CAN NOT OPEN" OR YOUR TRIAL HAS EXPIRED THIS MESSAGE FOR PROGS BOUGHT & PAID FOR. PHOTO FILES THAT I FIND CAN NOT BE OPENED WITHOUT GOING TO MICROSOFT SHOP ICON WHEN I CLICK ON ICON I GET TRIAL PERIOD EXPIRED
PRIOR TO UPGRADE I HAD HOME NETWORK LINKING DESKTOP & LAP TOP NOT ANY MORE, I AM NEARLY 80 DISABLED AND NOT VERY P C LITERATE
PS ALSO SHUTDOWN PROGNOT WORKING PROPERLY HAVE TO USE ON/OF BUTON FIRST THEN AFTERFEW SECONDS SHUT DOWN ICONS CO ON SCREEN PLEASE "HELP"
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
What we can do is return your computer to how it was before you did this update and start from there.
Can we do this as the first step please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

as you may have gathered I have 2 pc's desktop & laptop . both have same e/mail address your message has arrived on desktop receipt from Pay Pal arrived on laptop

your suggestion seems to make sense but worried that I may not understand what 's going on , this desktop is older than laptop but has lots of info and files i am scared of loseing

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, first you should always have your files backed up (programs you will need to reinstall).
You should do this before even doing the upgrade.
Do you have an external drive that you can copy your files to?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes I have seagate Portable hard drive connected to desktop don't realy know how to use it but some stuff already on not much

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, you need to copy the files from the computer to the hard drive, so copy and paste, like how you copy any files on the computer.
Can you do this please for all your important files and tell me when this is done.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
On the Desktop where we need to backup to the Seagate, connect the Seagate to it.
Then go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect
Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi ID No###-##-####/p>

PW =1079

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
connecting now
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Wehn your back please run Teamviewer and give me the new password ***** connect.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Teamviewer not sending new numbers first numbers were

###-##-####/p>

p/word 1079

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
you need to run Team viewer again please then you get the new numbers.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

###-##-####/p>

pw 3329

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
it is as these are different numbers now.
but now you closed Teamviewer.
Open it again and give me the new password.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
###-##-####/p>

pw 1598

hope this is wright

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
yes, thanks