Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

My blackberry pad keeps asking SMPT password ***** do

Customer Question

my blackberry pad keeps asking for my SMPT password ***** do i find this
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Is this for your Gmail email account it is asking this for?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

my gmail email SMPT password

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, this is your Gmail password ***** if it is not accepting it, it is likely you enabled two step verification on your account.
If so, you have to generate a special password ***** enter in, not the normal one.
To do this, can you follow the steps here please
https://support.google.com/mail/answer/1173270?hl=en
And generate the password ***** use this on the Pad and it should then be accepted.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Let me know the results please