Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  All type of email clients, microsoft, web based, linux
63493917

I want to change my gmail address

Customer Question

Hello, i want to change my gmail address
Category: Email
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Unfortunately its not possible. Here is what google says.If you use Gmail with your Google Account, it's not currently possible to change your Gmail username after you've registered. You can, however, delete Gmail from your account and use a different, non-Gmail address for your Google Account. You can also create another Google Account with a different Gmail username.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

delete Gmail from your account and use a different,

Yes, delete Gmail from your Google account, and us a NON-gmail address.Is that what you want to do? Also, once you create a Gmail account, you CANNOT change it. You can only create a NEW account. Lets keep something in mind here, that an email address is like a mailing address for a house. Could you change a mailing address for YOUR house? NO you cannot, you would have to move the house. So in this case, you have to Create a new email account, and delete the old account. and Voila, you hae changed your email account. DO yu get to keep all the emails? Sure.....Just dotn delete your OLD account, keep BOTH your old account, and the account you want to HAVE additional with the new name. Make sense?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

so can you delete my old account and I can set up anew one

Are you asking ME to delete your OLD account? Then unfortunately no, I cannot. I would need account info and passwords.However, you need NOT delete your old account. YOu can just leave it alone, never touch it again, and continue to create a NEW gmail account.Gmail doesn't care how many email accounts you have.But if it really bothers you, and you just HAVE to delete your old account.....heres the link where you can get instructions to do thathttps://support.google.com/mail/answer/32046?hl=en
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thanks

Does that mean, I have answered your question?Would you mind giving me a rating on my performance.Thank you!