Bryan
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

I have updates to windows 10 and now i am only recievig a few

i have updates to windows 10 and now i am only recievig a few emails and I can send none across all 4 of my outlook email accounts
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
As the first step do the following please
Press the windows key + X and click on Command Prompt (Admin)
A black window will open.
Type in it
sfc /scannow
press enter and when it has completed, type in
chkdsk /r
Press enter.
It will give a message "the type of the file system is NTFS cannot lock current drive.
chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts y/n" Say Y, press enter and restart the computer.
Then tell me please if you still have the problem.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Hi, and thank you for asking your question. The above steps suggested should have NO effect on your issue with sending/receiving emails. May I set up a quick remote session, which will allow me to connect directly to your screen and check the issue here? Please reply back to me below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes please do
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
OK, let's get started with the remote session now. Please open up the following link:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=a60971d4-c01a-4cee-a2cb-0503275d3da3Click 'I agree', then download the remote tool when prompted. An 'Elsinore Screen Connect' file will be downloaded by your browser (at the very bottom.) OPEN/RUN the file from your downloads, and I'll be connected. If you face any issues, just reply back to me below.Thank you.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,Please carry out my instructions and let me know the results.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ive downloaded it so are you now connected?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Do you wish for me to do this for you?
You can see here this is a common issue
http://www.msoutlook.info/question/cannot-send-after-windows-10-upgrade
If so, you need to carry out these instructions please as there has been some confusion
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect
Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
In remote session now, and working on the issue. Thank you.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Your issue has now been resolved via the remote session. I'd appreciate it if you could kindly take a moment to rate my service by clicking on (and submit) a star rating at the top of this page. Thank you!
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: 8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.