PC_Wizzard
PC_Wizzard,
69642585

I have accidentally deleted a folder from Outlook 2013 - the

I have accidentally deleted a folder from Outlook 2013 - the recover deleted items is greyed out. Can you help?
Category: Email
Expert:  PC_Wizzard replied 2 years ago.
HiMy name is ***** ***** would suggest the following Please note this does not work if your email is using POP3, IMAP or other protocol. If this is the case, the Recover Deleted Items button is greyed out. However, if you’re sure that your email is going through an Exchange Server, you may need to enable this feature by doing the following:Open the Windows Registry Editor by clicking Start > Run. From there, type “Regedit” in the dialog box.Backup the registry by selecting My Computer, then open the “File” menu and select “Export…”. Choose a location for the backup file.Browse to My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Exchange\Client\OptionsCreate a new DWord Value named “Dumpster Always On”. Go to the Edit menu, select New, right click on DWORD Value. Set the value to “1”.If your service provider is not using Exchange to deliver mail, your next step should be to try corrupting your pst and repairing it with the scanpst tool. (Please make a backup first)Here is the link to thishttp://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/restoredeleteditemsfromanoutlookpst.htm RegardsWerner
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have really struggled with this - email is POP3 and it doesn't seem possible to restore previous folders. I am sure that your advice is good, but too technical for me! Scared to try and attempt anything in case I make a mistake