Bryan
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

I have the following error message and have not received emails

I have the following error message and have not received emails either in or out for 2 weeks: Please help. BT says it is not a problem with them.
Unable to send or receive messages for the Btinternet (carolagell) account. Windows Live Mail couldn't log on to the email server using authenticated POP (APOP). Contact your email provider and verify that it supports authenticated POP. To change this logon setting, in the folder list, right-click on the account name, and then click Properties on the shortcut menu. In the Properties dialog, click the Servers tab and then under Incoming Mail Server, select a logon option.
Server: 'mail.btinternet.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80004005
Protocol: POP3
Port: 995
Secure(SSL): Yes
Category: Email
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, and thank you for asking your question. It looks like some of your Windows Live Mail email settings have been inadvertently modified, causing the issue with receiving emails. May I set up a quick remote session (no extra charge), which will allow me to connect directly to your screen and check the issue? Please reply back to me below. Thank you.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, do you still need with this issue? Do let me know.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Sorry, I had to go out for a while. Could you please try to help me by remotely accessing my machine. We believe that there is an issue in the Settings but have tried everything we know to synchronise the passwords. Thanks

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
No issues, let's get started with the remote session now. Please open up the following link:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=d5ea0b75-fdff-4286-8c30-57ba301cc852Click 'I agree', then download the remote tool when prompted. An 'Elsinore Screen Connect' file will be downloaded by your browser (at the very bottom.) OPEN/RUN the file from your downloads, and I'll be connected. If you face any issues, just reply back to me below.Thank you.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
You seem to have gone offline, so I have closed out the above remote session now. Do leave me a reply when you are back, and I'll set up another remote session and assist you with the issue. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am here now

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
OK, let's get started with the remote session now. Please open up the following link:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=2a8ba555-bfd9-4265-8c50-41bd3af94ecbClick 'I agree', then download the remote tool when prompted. An 'Elsinore Screen Connect' file will be downloaded by your browser (at the very bottom.) OPEN/RUN the file from your downloads, and I'll be connected. If you face any issues, just reply back to me below.Thank you.