Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I have been locked out my hotmail account because I have submitted

Customer Question

I have been locked out my hotmail account because I have submitted too many forms to gain access because I have forgotten my password ***** have no more information I can submit and am now very frustrated can you help
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am very sorry about your Hotmail issues. When you did the reset, was it unsuccessful because of insufficient information you submitted? Were you able to get a reset link in your alternate email? Or a reset code in your mobile phone?Please let me know so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Jess

No code has been sent to this e mail. This e mail is a friend's e mail. If a code could be sent to this e mail, I may be able to unlock my account?

Alan

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alan,Thank you for writing back with that information. Here is how the reset works:If you forgot your password, when you do the reset, Hotmail will perform ownership verification like asking the security question that you setup before. When the verification is successful, Hotmail will have 2 options depending on the SECURITY OPTIONS you added to your account.First, if you added an alternate email address, them Hotmail will send the reset link to that email address. If you added your mobile phone, then Hotmail will send you a reset code through SMS.However, if you DID NOT add these security information (alternate email address and mobile phone number), then Hotmail cannot do the reset, instead, it will give you the recovery form which will ask you for several information IN YOUR hotmail account to verify if you really own it or not.Please be advised that this form is checked by a computer automatically without human intervention so you need to provide correct information.Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly assist you in the recovery process? Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($15) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.Please let me know if you want this remote option.Best regards,Jess