Frederick S
Frederick S, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Computer technician; founder of a home PC repair company.
33925084

I have saved my document in Microsoft word and my desktop.

Customer Question

I have saved my document in Microsoft word and my desktop. Must I type my e-mail message first and then click the paper clip icon and then left click on the document? I have done this but the document does not print at the bottom of the e-mail that it has been forwarded.
Category: Email
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I will try my best to help you
Sir/Ma'am i am little bit confused so please clarify the following.
Are you trying to attach a document to an email you are sending or are you trying print an email you got?
Which is the operating system installed in the PC.Is it windows Xp, Windows Vista, Windows 7, windows 8 or any other
How do you open this email usually, is it using any email client like Microsoft Outlook, windows live mail etc. Or using web browsers like Internet explorer, Mozilla, Google Chrome etc.
Sincerely,
John
Note: - Please keep this conversation/Chat page opened to view my replies quickly. You will also get an email notification in your email each time I reply. To reply back to me use the reply box below.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have Windows 7 and I open my e-mail in my BT internet provider, after clicking internet explorer .I have phone TV and internet from BT.I am trying to attach a document to an e-mail I am sending.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the details.
If you are trying to send a document as attachment using your email.
The process you stared is correct open compose then click on the paper clip icon then it will open a file upload/ file browser window in that locate the document you needed to attach then select it and click on open/attach that will do it.
Please try it and let me know it goes also if you have any trouble attaching or sending it let me know
Sincerely,
John
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Sir/Ma'am checking whether you were able to attach the document to the email and send it,if not let me know and i can remote access to your PC and check the issue directly and do the necessary.Please let me know.
Sincerely,
John