A. Stevens
A. Stevens, Computer Engineer
Experience:  10+ years of Desktop, Laptop, and Server troubleshooting and support.
71208907

I have clean installed one of my computers with a DVD copy

Customer Question

I have clean installed one of my computers with a DVD copy of the Windows 10 OS. It works well (not perfectly to be honest) but I can't activate it. I tried several programs to try to get the product key as my computer came without a disk. But none worked. I read that it will be validated in spite of this and this morning I actually thought it had validated itself because the notice was gone, and I did personalise some features. But then it was gone again. Can you help? I have an Acer Travelmate B115 which originally ran the Windows 8. So it is authenticated. Regards.
Category: Email
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question! Depending if your Acer was set up to have the Windows 8 key stored in its hardware, it may or may not validate Windows 10 on its own. On the computer itself do you see a sticker with a Windows 8 product key on it?