Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

My email address is **********@talktalk.net. Until

Customer Question

My email address is **********@talktalk.net. Until recently, have had no problems with Thunderbird. Present situation is, on opening Thunderbird I am prompted to enter my password. (this never happenened before) Once the P/W is entered, I can receive incoming messages. However, when attempting to send an outgoing message, i am continually prompted to enter my password. When I go into account settings, a left or right click on any items results in "this account already exists. Finally, if I go to www.talktalk.co.uk/mail, my address and password ***** accepted and I can receive and send messages. Your help would be appreciated. brian *******.

Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me when this problem started please Brian?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yesterday

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, within Thunderbird the settings will have become corrupted.Can you remove the account in Thunderbird please.Then close Thunderbird and re-open itAdd your TalkTalk email account into it again and it should now add correctly and allow you to send and receive.I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.Let me know the results please
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect
Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ID 788 913 650

P/W 8382

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
connecting now
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Richard,

I have tried the link "View my Answer" but it doesn`t want to know.

You were able to get my Thunderbird back into a state where i can receive and send messages but, on opening the program, i am still prompted to enter my password. I can then receive messages. However, I am again prompted to enter the P/W before being able to send a message. Things stay ok until I exit Thunderbird and then have to repeat the procedure when open up again.

Any further thoughts?

Regards,

Brian

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
when asked, do you see the check box to remember password?