Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

How do you set up group mailing lists on windows 10

how do you set up group mailing lists on windows 10
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am very sorry about your mailing issues. There are several ways that you can set up group mailing in Windows 10. But before that, please tell me how did you do your group mailing in your Windows 8 before you upgraded to Windows 10? Which email program did you use then?Please let me know so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
First of all you must bear in mind as an OAP I am semi-illiterate computer wise. On Windows 8 I had Internet Explore which had a simple method of creating an e mail group. I had 3 such groups, now I only have one which is on 'People'.. A complication is that when I purchased Tablet I now have 2 email addresses that still includes Outlook and Live.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for writing back with that information and I am sorry about the persisting issues. Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly assist you in fixing these problems while you watch? Remote access is an optional additional service offer with an extra flat one-time fee ($15) regardless oh how long it will take me to fix the problem. Please let me know if you want this remote option so that I can send you the formal offer. Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would prefer on line printed instructions. Thank you.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for writing back and I respect your decision over remote access. Please be patient, since the process you choose (the chat or Q&A method) will take a lot of time because of the exchanges of messages and replies.First, please tell me the domain name part of your email address that you are using. It is the part of your email with the @ sign. Is it @live.com? @outlook.com?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jess, my domain is mail - @live.com
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for writing back with that information. So your email address is ending with @live.com. Now, how do you access (send and receive) emails with your @live.com account? Are you using a web browser like Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari or Firefox? Or are you using an email program like MS Outlook 2013 or Thunderbird?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
I believe you are using a web browser, you listed there before as Internet Explorer. Is that correct?And when you are using Internet Explorer and you signed in to your @live.com email, you will then click on the 9-square grid at the top left corner of the email page, and then click on People to access your contacts.Is this correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yea
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for that confirmation. Since you are using a web browser like Internet Explorer to access your @live.com email account, you are limited to Microsoft's groupmail interface.It will be very easy for me to show you the entire process if we are in the remote access session. But I will try my best to describe to you the process one at a time.Here are the steps, please check this for me and report to me what you find:Use your Internet Explorer and login to your live.com emailGo to your contacts by clicking on People when you click on the 9-square grid at the top left corner of the email windowThere, do you see ALL of your contacts listed in the left side?Please confirm.Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jess, Confirmed.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the confirmation. Now, I believe ALL of your contacts there are intact though they are stored and managed now differently. That is because of the changes made by Microsoft who owns Hotmail, Outlook and Live.com emails.Now, if you already have a GROUP that you created before, just remember or recall the name of the group, then type it in the SEARCH box at the top, right bellow the ALL checkbox.For instance, if you have a group called College Friends, typing "College" will show some results.In the results or filtered list of results, the only identifying factor of a group is its icon that is of three-heads as compared to a single contact which has a single-head icon.When you see in the filtered list with a three-head icon, it means it is a group. Click on that icon to select the group. It will then show you the list of the group members.When the group is selected, you can click on the EDIT command at the top to edit the group. There you can ADD members or delete members of that group.I hope that helped. Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.Thank you!Best regards,Jess
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jess,You have solved my problem - many thanks. *****
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Peter,Thank you for writing and I am glad to be of help.Thank you for using our service. If you need assistance in the future, you can request me any time by posting a new question starting with "For Jess M" so that I can assist you immediately.Best regards,Jess