Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

Since updating to Windows 10 I've had endless problems with

Customer Question

Since updating to Windows 10 I've had endless problems with my Outlook 2007 email. I have a BT Yahoo email which works perfectly on my tablet but refuses to work on my pc. I get the message 'cannot connect to server' or similar. I've tried various settings in my Outlook email account and have probably screwed up the whole thing. I'm happy to pay someone to resolve this for me (preferably remotely by taking over my machine).
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am very sorry about your Outlook 2007 issues. Indeed there are issues with MS Outlook after upgrading to Windows 10 and yours is one of them. Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly fix the problem while you watch? Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($15) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.Please let me know if you want this remote option.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes please and as soon as it's convenient for you. Let me know what I have to do in preparation. If you wish to talk my landline is 01325 721215.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for writing back. Unfortunately, I do not provide phone support. I only provide chat support like what we are doing now, and remote access support which is better than a phone call since we can chat right there in your computer.I will now send the formal additional service offer of remote access. Please accept it so that I can create our remote session. After accepting it, you will then receive the procedures to join me in the remote session.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Please carry on

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
I have already sent you the formal additional service offer. Please accept it so that we can start a remote session.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Agreed, please carry on

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
You need to accept the additional service offer that I sent to you so that we can initiate the remote session. Have you seen the offer on your screen now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No, please send the formal offer again.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
I have sent the offer again. Did you see it on your screen? If not, then we can still proceed with the remote session and then I will assist you in locating and accepting the remote access offer.Here are the stepsFor me to remote in, we need a remote access tool. Please follow the steps below to join me in the remote session.1. Please click on this link:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=88b9c9a9-53f0-4145-9ba6-34e0445b01ea2. In that page, please click on the green I Agree button3. Then download the remote tool when prompted.4. Run the downloaded remote tool to join me in the remote session. I will be waiting for you there.Thank you. If you are stuck in any of the steps, please let me know so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, how is it going? Were you able to download the remote access tool using the link that I gave you? If yes, you need to locate the downloaded file which is named "Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client" and then double click on it to run it.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your patience. All your issues were resolved through remote support.
If you need anything else later, please let me know, I will be happy to assist you further.
Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Jess

Sadly my problems continue. I closed down my PC the evening after your work and the following morning it booted up correctly but again Outlook refused to start. I tried everything including re-booting, the sfc/ scannow but it wouldn't respond. Several hoursa later i accessed my emails via Yahoo and suddenly outlook responded. Today it wouldn't start but after re-starting now seems stable. I don't believe your work fully resolved the issue(s). Where do we go from here?

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for writing back and I am very sorry if the issue persisted. I can help you further and we can resume with the remote session.
Please let me know if you are ready fir the remote session now so that I can send you a new link.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ready when you are

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Are you ready to go

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
I just sent you the formal additional service offer. You need to accept it so that we can initiate a remote session. The previous session we had has the offer rejected.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Have not received the offer yet.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
You have already rejected it. I will now send the offer again and I hope you can accept it so that we can proceed with the remote session.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. Here is the remote access link:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=59315087-f07e-4a47-b599-cf7dde8bb028Download and run the tool to join me in the remote session.Best regards,Jess