Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

Richard. I'm John from the Philippine. Can you suggest

Customer Question

Hi Richard. I'm John from the Philippine. Can you suggest an e-mail provider that is accessible or unblocked to a China-based e-mail user of 163.com? I repeatedly sent the recipient, but no response yet. The recipient must have replied because he expects my incoming e-mail. I used a hotmail account in signing up a QQ International e-mail accoun, which I used in sending him an e-mail directly. I also the hotmail account in sending him my e-mail directly. I eagerly await your reply.
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi John, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am very sorry about your issues. Indeed, there is really a huge problem when sending emails to China. It is because if their internet policy or protocol being filtered. But let me help you with this problem since there is still a way that you can communicate with someone from China.So as I understand your scenario, you are from the Philippines and you are using Hotmail to communicate or contact someone from China. Is this correct? And can you please tell me your current Internet Provider there in the Philippines?Please let me know by replying to me below so that I can help you further. A rating is only required when we are finished.Thank you.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jess. Thank you very much for your prompt response. Before I answer your questions, let me inform you that I'm deeply in love with the recipient who I met through an online dating site, which prohibits exchange of e-mail messages online. According to the negative reviews that are reported through http://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.asiandate.com, meeting Asian girls personally and getting their contact information are impossible. Communicating with the said girls are expensive for you have to purchase credits by using your credit card. You can call her long distance, write her letters, and chat with her online if you have lots of money to spend for a "scam" site. Luckily, I was able to capture the heart of my pretty chatmate who voluntarily provided me her e-mail address by writing it on a piece of paper and showing the paper to me via webcam on 8 September 2015. It means that she allows me to directly communicate with her through e-mail by disregarding the expensive standard operating procedures of her agency. I used three e-mail providers in sending her my e-mail messages. First, I sent her through my gmail account on 8 September 2015. Then, I used the said gmail account to sign up an e-mail account in QQ International. On 14 September, there is no response from her yet. I already anticipated that my registered gmail account in QQ International could be a problem. You had to use a separate existing e-mail account in signing up for a new e-mail account in QQ. In the first case, I sent her two separate e-mails by using my hotmail and QQ (it uses the gmail account as log in and sent the e-mail in QQ's e-mail address). Second, I signed up an e-mail account in hotmail, which is reportedly unblocked in China. I directly sent her my e-mail, using the said hotmail account. Such account was also registered in signing up an e-mail account in QQ. In the second case, I sent her two separate e-mail messages - one from hotmail and the other by QQ. QQ is a China-based e-mail provider, so there must be no problem. However, I used US-based e-mail addresses (gmail and hotmail) in registering as my log in name. Reportedly, hotmail is not blocked in China. But, there are some online reports that claim hotmail is blocked. If you can provide me the best ways to send my e-mail messages to her and I am able to receive her confirmed response as soon as possible, I shall highly appreciate it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
By the way, my ISP is Philippine Long Distance and Telephone Company (PLDT),which is a leading telecommunications firm in the Philippines. I know my "treasured chatmate" is likely to respond to if she received my e-mail message. I eagerly await your reply Jess.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Thank you for writing back with the detailed account of your scenario. Again, I am very sorry for the communication barrier that you encountered with your lovely girl :)Please allow me to explain the problem so that you have a better understanding as to why this happened and how you can turn the situation around for your favor.First, internet in China is said to be very strict or filtered. Not all websites are accessible by anyone or everyone. Please allow me to write further. I just need to send this to let you know I am writing more :)
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Now, since most online sites and services are filtered, it is really hard to send and receive emails to and from China.The main reason for this is because China is blocking IP addresses, not websites only. Like you mentioned, you are using Gmail or Hotmail but these email services are generally NOT blocked. It is where the traffic is coming from that China filtered or blocked.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Now, your best solution is to use a VPN service. In a nutshell, this is how a VPN service works for you
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
You are in the Philippines, and you use a VPN service like PurePVN for instance, and this PureVPN has a server in China.Now, you open your VPN software, log in to the China server or the nearest server to China, then send the email.That way, they can let your emails pass since the traffic appears to be coming from China or a nearby and unblocked location.That is your stable or shall I say, sustainable solution to this scenario.Regardless of what email service you will be using, Gmail or Hotmail, as long as you are connected to a VPN service when you send and receive emails, you will be all set and you shall continue to communicate with your lovely girl!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please take your time Jess. I'm gonna sleep now. It's already 12:41 AM in the Philippines. I'm already aware of the VPN service, but I still do not know the details. Please suggest to me ALL the best ways. I know she's waiting for my messages. If I received her response within a week, you'll get more than 5 stars and my deposit is yours.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
I hope you got my detailed response above? I detailed to you how the VPN works that will explain why you shall be able to send and receive emails from her when connected to a VPN service.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you thank you thank you very much Jess! Please suggest to me the best VPN service that you know. What is available there in your country could be different here in the Philippines. The ultimate test is when I received a reply from her. I gonna log out now to sleep. God bless!
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
There are several VPN services that you can choose from. But I highly recommend using PureVPN since it is Hong Kong based and they have servers in China.Here is the list of servers from PureVPN:https://www.purevpn.com/server_location.phpThere you can see that they have 6 servers in China - 2 in Shanghai and 4 in Guangdong. So all you have to do is subscribe to PureVPN even for a month to test.When you have the subscription, then you can download their VPN tool that will hide your online traces. You then use their tool, then connect to the China server. When connected, you will then login to your Gmail or Hotmail and send emails to her! All your email will then appear to be coming from China so she shall be able to get them.To subscribe to PureVPN, please use this link:http://tinyurl.com/pmazmtj I hope that helped.Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.Thank you!Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good morning Jess. Unfortunately, PureVPN does not accept credit card payments. PureVPN's payment options are unfamiliar to me. Please suggest to me another VPN provider, which has a server in China.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi John,Thank you for writing back. I believe PureVPN does accept credit card payments. In their payment options section, they list more than 150 payment options there. Here is a screen shot:http://filesxpress.com/d-bf51e728However, it appears that you will be locked to the 3 unknown payment options if you are seen behind a proxy server. So I can recommend you 2 other VPN services with servers in China or nearby countries.The next best VPN service for you is HideMyAss. You can sign up for an account with this using this link below:https://www.hidemyass.com/vpn/r19725/Here is the link for their server list showing 3 servers in China:https://www.hidemyass.com/serversHideMyAss VPN service is direct with their payment options. When you signup you can freely select your payment method and you can use Credit Card there.I hope that helped.Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.Thank you!Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jess. Thank you for the meaningful response. Before I received your reply, I already signed up for an account in ExpressVPN. I already sent her two separate e-mails by hotmail and QQ. I hope that I'll receive her response as soon as possible so that I can rate you 5 stars and get your wish.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If ExpressVPN appears not to work for me within a month, I'll shift to hidemyass.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi John, Thank you for writing back. Yes, ExpressVPN is also a good company provider as long as they have servers in China. Please remember the workflow:Open your VPN softwareLogin to the China serverAccess and login to your Hotmail or GmailYour Hotmail or Gmail might prompt you verification procedures since they will detect that you are signing in from another country. Please complete the verification.If you are not prompted for verification then it is okay. Proceed to sending her your email messageThen await for her replyThank you. Keep me posted so that I can help you further. Best regards, Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much Jess. I'm in a bad mood today. It seems that she still unable to receive my e-mails despite using ExpressVPN by logging in its server in Hong Kong. Today, I contacted ExpressVPN's Live Chat, inquiring about the solution. I received a reply that my recipient must also connect to a VPN in China. Such reply doesn't sound right. I'm using QQ International, which is a giant firm in China, in sending her my e-mails to her 163.com account. I don't think QQ itself would block to and from my recipient in mainland China. There must be a problem.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Thank you for writing back and I am very sorry about your persisting issues. Yes, you are correct and I doubt the ExpressVPN agent's reply to you. Your lady from China does not need any VPN since she is already in China. You are the contacting party so that is why you need the VPN to mimic being in China.Now, besides email, how do you communicate with her before?If something is not right, I believe it is no longer from your end since you are already using a VPN to contact her. By the way, you mentioned Hong Kong, is there any VPN server in China with your ExpressVPN? If there is, then you try to connect to their China server.Another thing, please do not send her a lot of emails within a short period of time interval since her email server can block you due to spamming.Lastly, depending on how you send emails, please try to attach a read receipt to your email so that you will know if she already received your emails but just did not reply them.Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank yo u very much Jess. ExpressVPN has no server in mainland China. Only in HK. I'll shift to HideMyAss because they have servers in China. But, there is an online report that HideMyAss is blocked in China. Is this true?This is my first time to know about "read receipt". It seems that only Gmail has this feature. Could you please tell me how can I install "read receipt" that is applicable to all e-mails?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Thank you for writing back. I have no idea if HideMyAss is blocked in China. I doubt it because if they are, then HideMyAss should have not wasted building and maintaining their servers in China. Maybe yes, some IPs from their server in China could have been blocked or blacklisted as there is no perfect "stealth" mode in the cyberspace, but the mere fact that they still have servers in China, it can mean that they are still working there. Now, regarding read receipts, that will work in all emails if you are using an email program like MS Outlook 2007, 2010, or 2013 or Mozilla Thunderbird. It is a feature of the email program, not of the email account itself.Now, if you are NOT using any email program that I mentioned, it means you are using a web browser, then yes, only Gmail has some tools to send read receipts using a browser.Can I remotely access your computer so that I can setup this read receipt for you while you watch?Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($15) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.Please let me know if you want this remote option.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please go ahead Jess and set up what you had to do in remote access. I won't turn off my computer. l'll take a nap. It's 2:08 pm here in the Philippines. It makes me sleepy most especially when looking at my computer screen. Don't worry Jess. If I'm able to receive her reply, I will never forget you. If she's my soul mate, I'll reward you. I might even invite you to come to our wedding at my expense.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you John for your permission to do remote access. I will now send the formal additional service offer of remote access. Please accept it so that I can create our remote session. After accepting it, you will then receive the procedures to join me in the remote session.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
John,Thank you for accepting my additional service offer of remote access so that I can help you directly in fixing your problem. For me to remote in, we need a remote access tool. Please follow the steps below to join me in the remote session. These steps are intended for users with Windows computers. If you are using a Mac, please reply to me and let me know so that I can send you the procedures for Mac.1. Please click on this link:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=d09db6f8-5773-4243-b885-fc1711a7d17d2. In that page, please click on the green I Agree button3. Then download the remote tool when prompted.4. Run the downloaded remote tool to join me in the remote session. I will be waiting for you there.Thank you. If you are stuck in any of the steps, please let me know so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess