Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

I have an iPad2 with iOS 8.4.1. After total deletion and

Customer Question

I have an iPad2 with iOS 8.4.1. After total deletion and reset for speed problems,I could not receive emails in th'"mail" app. can you help
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me please what exactly goes wrong when you try to receive emails within the Mail app please?
What specific error are you getting?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I send an email from my own computer to my iPad, it simply does not arrive. No indication is received.Further, when I call up email, I do not get the full lists of incoming output files displayed.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank youCan you hold the home and power button on the iPhone for about 10 seconds until you see the apple Logo then release.Let the phone restart and tell me please if the email app is now working correctly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have sent email from my computer to this iPad. this previously worked ok. It is 4 minutes since email sent, but nothing has happened on my ipsd
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you go to Settings, General, reset and choose reset network settings.
This will clear the wifi connection so you will then need to connect to the wifi again and tell me if it now sends please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
IAgain no signal after 5 minutes.
NB I am using a special password ***** This is because it does not recognise my password. Is this a problem
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, you need to specify the correct password ***** else it will not work, you cannot just make any up.
Which email service is this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got that password ***** the BThub3-P6JP service info, before I had any problems
After the reset my password ***** not be accepted. It was it her lomu1234 or Stan5251
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
That password ***** ***** your wireless network.
For your email account you have to use your email password.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I realise it is for the wireless network.
I do no remember having been asked for an email account password. and cannot find it via setting, general etc. Is the email password ***** a gmail password?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, I have been trying to find out from you, and now have to know this so please tell me, which email service is this for? Is it a Gmail email account?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is the gmail account of the IPad.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, it is your Gmail password ***** need to use Ronald.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But where do I use it. I have not been asked for it.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
When you added the account you were asked for it,Go to Settings, Mail and press on the Gmail account and press Delete accountThen go to Settings, Mail, add the Gmail account and when adding it you have to enter your password. It is there you add the Gmail password.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But where do I use it.
I have not been asked for it.
(I suspect my 1st attempt to reply has been lost!!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I just explained this, I will repeat the message I sent again When you added the account you were asked for it,Go to Settings, Mail and press on the Gmail account and press Delete accountThen go to Settings, Mail, add the Gmail account and when adding it you have to enter your password. It is there you add the Gmail password.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry about my duplicated question.
Under SETTINGS, MAIL I found only iCloud account, with no ref to gmail account.
Sorry, I feel a it foolish, but computer processes are not my strong point
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, so you have not added the Gmail account yet so add it there under Settings, Mail please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not successful
NAME: Ronald MUIRHEAD
EMAIL: ***@******.***
DESCRIPTION: gmail
INCOMING SERVER
HOST NAME:***@******.***
USER NAME:***@******.***
PASSWORD : .........
OUTGOING SERVER
HOST NAME:***@******.***
INCOMING AND OUTGOING MAIL MAY NOT BE TRANSMITTED WITH ABOVE DETAILS
................
Can you help
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, not clear on what you did, but you have made a mistake in the setup process.For you its easier to go to the App Store and download the Gmail AppOnce installed, open it and use this app to check your emailsLet me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
deadlock!!
my password ***** downloading the gmail app is not recognised, and in the absence of email facilities I cannot replace the password.
I think with your information I will return to the apple shop/Liverpool and let them sort out this part of the problem.
will I be able to come back to you if this procedure fails to sort the problem?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
That is your Apple password ***** for install Apple Apps. You need to use that one.
It would be best if you have the apple shop reset that one for you as they can do it directly.
Of course you can return here at any time. I have marked the question to never close
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Richard, Software Engineer
Experience: Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you Richard for your tolerance. As an octogenarian I am outside my comfort zone with such problems
Ronald
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No problem at all Ronald!
Just when you get all these passwords, please write them all down! :-)