Byron
Byron, PC Support Tech
Experience:  A+ MCSE 11 years at a large law firm.
13274453

I have a Samsung S5. Last week facebook stopped working. My

Customer Question

I have a Samsung S5. Last week facebook stopped working. My daughter uninstalled facebook and then tried to install it again. Unsuccessfully. We were asked for a password, but after trying three different passwords we gave up. A few days later I tried again and was asked for my e-mail address, which I gave, in order for a code to be sent. This was attempted at least twice with no success.
I tried another of the options offered, i.e. change your e-mail address. This I did to my more usual e-mail address, used on my laptop. I was supposed to receive a code which never arrived, or if it did, I was unable to access it.
I then tried the final option offered, to use my mobile phone number. I was told 'this number is ***** to someone else'.
I would very much like to be able to access facebook on my phone using the e-mail ; ***@******.*** and would appreciate your help.
Category: Email
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist. Do you have access to***@******.*** Inbox from a computer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Just so you are aware, I am one step away from being computer illiterate. That is my e-mail address which I use on my laptop. I am using my laptop to converse with you. Is it possible for me to open my gmail at the same time and if so , how?

Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
It is possible. What browser are you using?For example: Internet Explorer, Chrome or Firefox
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

|Internet Explorer. Should I just click on Gmail icon?

Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Yes. If you lose this page click the back button- the arrow at the top left of the Internet Explorer window that points to the leftand it should return you to this page
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What next?

Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Do you have your Gmail inbox open? I had a password ***** code sent to this address:***@******.*** minutes ago. If you don't see it in the inbox, from the list of items on the left, at the very bottom, click MoreYou will then see your Spam folder listed. Look in there also
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
The email will contain a 6 digit confirmation code.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have been unable to access this code. When I follow the instructions Just Answer disappears and I get a BT page saying the site cannot be found. Pressing the large arrow at the top left hand corner does nothing.

Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
In Internet Explorer, at the top, from left to right do you see the itemsFile>>Edit>>View>>Favorites>>Tools>>Help ?If you don't see those items, press the Alt key to display them.When they are visible, click File>>New Taba blank page will openAt the top of the window you will see New Tabjust to the left of that you will see a tab for the JustAnswer pageYou click back and forth between the New Tab and JustAnswer TabFrom the New Tab page go to www.gmail.com and log in to your gmail account
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
See if this works for you.Right-click the link below andselect Open in New Tabwww.gmail.comYou should then see the new tab at the top.Click on it to change to that page
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Followed your instructions and ended up in my e-mails. Still cant get the code and BT still saying they cant find you.

Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
We can set up a remote connection
to your pc. I'm away from
a pc right now. It will be availablein a few hours
I will send another reply then. If that is too
late we can try tomorrow
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I need to go to bed right now as I have an early start in the morning. Also, I will be away from home all day tomorrow so, while I appreciate your help and don't mean to be awkward, will it be okay to do this about 9pm tomorrow?

Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Ok. I'm on the east coast u.s.a
What time is it where you are now?
I'll figure it out from that.
Byron, PC Support Tech
Experience: A+ MCSE 11 years at a large law firm.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'm in South West Scotland and its 15 mins past midnight. I'll speak to you tomorrow. Thank you

Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
That will work just fine. 9PM your time is 4PM here.I'll be in touch then. Thank you.
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for being a bit tardy. I'm ready now though if you're available?