Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

Good morning, Windows 10 upgrade recently downloaded to my

Good morning, Windows 10 upgrade recently downloaded to my laptop. Just before closing after use yesterday afternoon I received message "don't switch off your computer, configuring recent upgrades" This was followed by a blank screen with large rotating circle. Eventually process was 100% complete. Now I cannot access my computer.
When I switch on and go through the opening sequence, insert password ***** get the "welcome" message and then the screen goes blank. After a while the cursor appears but nothing else. Nothing else. I have pressed Esc and Cntrl but nothing. The only thing that
makes any difference is to switch the machine off. Try to restart and I get the same result. Even left overnight but no difference.
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you on the log in screen, hold SHIFT and with it held down, click on the power icon and click restart, (still with shift held down) until the computer has restarted and you see a menu.
Choose from the menu, Troubleshoot, then Advance then System Restore.
Follow the onscreen steps to perform a restore from the last restore point.
Let this complete and tell me please if windows now starts.