Bryan
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

I have been able to use my kindle fire internet until now.

I have been able to use my kindle fire internet until now. Whenever I try and connect it tells me there is an authentication problem. Not sure how to get around this
Hi, and thank you for asking your question. Did you make sure to use the correct WIFI password ***** your network, on the Kindle? Also, please do this now: Disconnect the power supply from your router and wait for 30 seconds, and then re-connect the power supply accordingly. Next, press and HOLD down the Power button on the Kindle for atleast 20 seconds - allow it to restart, and then check if this makes any difference to your issue. Please reply back to me below. Thank you.
If you need more help, please use the Reply box to continue our conversation.Otherwise, I'd appreciate it if you could kindly take a moment to RATE my service by clicking on (and submit) a star rating at the top of this page. Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have tried disconnecting and connecting again but still nothing. The Wi-Fi sign for my hub has a padlock sign on it and it says authentication problem.
Hmm, I see. Now, do you have any computer that's connected WIRELESSLY to your router? If so, is it using Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 or 10? Do let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
this lap top is connected wirelessly and is using Windows 8
OK. Providing you with further steps now; one moment please:
Now, on your Windows 8 desktop screen, please click on the wireless icon at the bottom-right corner, and then RIGHT-CLICK on your wireless network and select "View connection properties". In the Properties window, click on the "Security" tab, and then tick "Show characters". Note down the password ***** in the "Network Security Key" field, and make sure to use the same password ***** the Kindle itself. Also, did you power off and restart the Kindle device earlier as well, as requested? Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How do I get to the point where I use the password
OK. Now, on the Kindle: Swipe down from the top of the screen to show Quick Settings, and then tap Wireless. Next to Wi-Fi, tap On. Tap your network to connect to it. If you see a lock icon, a network password ***** ***** Enter the Wi-Fi password, and then tap Connect. If it does not allow you to type in a new password, please tap the network and tap Forget first, then connect one more time. Also, please make sure to power off and restart the Kindle once, if you haven't already done so. Keep me posted on the results. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. that seems to have worked.
OK, perfect! I'd appreciate it if you could kindly take a moment to rate my service by clicking on (and submit) a star rating at the top of this page. Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have ticked Excellent. Thankyou
OK, thanks again, and take care!