Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

There. i have just changed my computer and was using outlook

Customer Question

hi there. i have just changed my computer and was using outlook express 6 with pop3 using windws xp. i now have windows 7 and had to set up a email account with outlook express. the new email address is the same and i can send emails and they are received but it will not receive emails. the old computer receives the same emails ok. also how can i import my emails into the new one.
Category: Email
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
My apologies; I posted on here by mistake - will opt out for other experts now. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

have you opted out of this as i am no geting a reply

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

Hello there,

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi there. can yo still help with this, many thans

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for getting back to me.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Adam

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Sorry about the delay, to which email service are the computers connecting to? eg: Hotmail, Yahoo ect?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i am using btconnect.com outlook express. the new computer has the server as hotmail but the old one used pop3. i changed computers as my old one was xp. the new one is running windows 10. i can send emails but can not receive them at all. i have only the welcome email from outlook.com. i would appreciate your help with this.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
What is the error when it fails to receive?
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi there, the system is sking for a lot of money to do this additional service

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
yes, as I mentioned its optional so you can choose to accept it or ignore it and reply to my last question please which I repeated below.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi there. the email is stuck on send email only. many thanks. i can get my emails now if i log into outlook express 365