Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

Ihave just installed windows 10 and Icant access my

Hello, Ihave just installed windows 10 and Icant access my hotmail account , Says it is not synced in
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
When you set up the hotmail account, did you specify an alternate email address to be contacts on as a fall back to the invalid phone number you now have?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No I only have one email account

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Alan.
The only other option is to make a new account then, it is why it is critical you always update your details when changing phone numbers ect.
One thing that can work though is if you call your old number when the code is sent to it, explain the situation and ask them for the code so you can enter it, and reset your password, then enter in the correct phone number.
Is this something you can try to do?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The old phone was stopped when Imoved house , If i set up a new email account will I be able to access my old one as there are emails Ineed to check

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No, you have to reset the password, its the only way.
But your old phone number is ***** given out again to a new customer, can you do the last suggestion I made?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Not really as the old building was demolished

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, well that has nothing to do with the actual phone number being re-assigned Alan, but if you do not wish to try this (you only had to call the number), then the only other option is to make a new account, which means you lose all the emails
you would make a new account here,
https://signup.live.com
Then moving forward you would use this new account for emailing, it would also give you a new email address so ensure to tell everyone this.
If you have any problems setting this up, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I rang the old number and there is no ring tone so it looks like a new account

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell the number and I can check. Its too important for you Alan to assume, as this is your only remaining chance to get the account back
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks the number was 241192

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, it has not yet been reassigned.
Your only option then is to wait until it has, and try to call the person (so call weekly) and ask them to give you the code.
Else you will have to make a new account. This is why it is always critical to update your details when you change phone numbers, to avoid this situation.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.