Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

My mobile phone number is ***** My email address is

My mobile phone number is ***** . My email address is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx but the email address that the phone has stored is wrong. I would like the address xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx removed and the correct Hotmail one installed.
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me please the make and model of the phone please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Nokia Lumia 520
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Have you just set this phone up? Or you have been using it for some time now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have had the phone for over two years, and it has always been like that. Recently I had to change the number though. Before, the number was ***********
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
This is the account the phone uses for everything, it is the main service, so the only way to remove this is to reset the phone.
As everything is tied to this email address, when you use a different one, any apps you purchased would need to be purchased again as they are tied to this incorrect email account.
Contacts ect you will also need to add again but you have to do this in order to correct the email address.
To do the reset, Settings>About and then scroll down until you find the ‘Reset Your Phone’ box. Hit this and everything on your Nokia Lumia 520 will be wiped and you’ll find the phone is back to the state when you first took it from its box.
Then set it up and this time use the email address you wish to use.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry Richard, I've just spent the last few minutes scrolling down the settings, but there was nothing which said Reset your phone. Here is a list of the possible candidates - any suggestions? ...start, notifications and actions,mobile SIM, VPN, apps corner workplace data sense, storage sense, backup,sync my settingsfeedback, ease of access, phone update, aboutnokia account, feedback to Nokia, network, extras+ info
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, you first need to go to Settings, ABOUT, then you would see it.
So select About please in Settings.
Let me know if you have any difficulties please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK done. Luckily I have all my contact details on my computer. Will you help me to make it into a functional phone again. I've just got cog wheels showing at the moment.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, let it complete and the reset run and it will guide you through the setup.I will still be here so let me know how you go please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Great. I'll be in touch shortly.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When entering my email***@******.*** they wouldn't accept it. they aid it was a part of a reserved domain and could I please enter a different email address. What do I do now? The whole idea of my resetting the phone was that I wanted to use my Hotmail email address.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
You were creating a new account, which is why it said this, you have to tell it your are using an existing account.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That's fine now. As for the password, which they are now asking for, do I make one up now, or is there a password ***** which I should be using?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Or is it the same password ***** I use to access my computer?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Its the password ***** you use for your account, you have this already set as you have been signing in, you need to use that one.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can't remember \ find the correct password. I have tried everything I can find. Now they are saying ..If you can't remember your password ***** without a Microsoft account ...which I do not want to do. HELP
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, then you will have to reset your password, please use the link below for this
https://account.live.com/resetpassword.aspx
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
But if I do that I lose this webpage, and how do I get in contact with you again?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Just come back to this web page please, and post a message, so press CTRL + D to add it to your favourites.
Else I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is the £28 in addition to the £13. Or if I signed up for a free trial does the £13 already earmarked for this consultation count towards the first month's fee. Sorry to talk finances at this point, but I am weighing up whether to pay the additional fee or not.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
yes it is, and its no problem to discuss, it is optional else carry out the instructions I gave and let me know the results please,
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect
Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What is happening? I downloaded (I think) the Teamviewer programme, but there was no sign of ID or password ***** I can give you. Where do I find them?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
you need to RUN the file after you have downloaded it.
Like running any file (double click it)
Then install it and it gives you the ID and Password ***** give to me
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello Richard,
The information you want from Teamviewer is ID ###-##-####and password Pumpkin10*
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Did you get my last message Richard, could you just tell me that you have and that the info was what you needed.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
connected
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
sorry Richard,
My computer chose that moment to restart itself, and for a few minutes before that the mouse was almost impossible to control. It was darting all over the place. No wonder the first part of my message got lost when I was trying to send you my email address. No, that is the only email address that I have or I use. I wanted to say that I needed the new password ***** match up with***@******.*** and the mobile phone number which I gave you. I just want them all to match up so that my phone can start doing some of the things it was designed to do.
Jo (not Joan)
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Ok Jo,
Click this link and try to reset your password
Tell me exactly what happens please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I lost the Teamviewer window when the computer restarted and I can't get it up again.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I've been going round in circles. I tell them that I have forgotten my password. They give me some letters and numbers to copy, which I do successfully. Then I have to choose how I would like them to contact me, by text, but the last two numbers are 82, which means that is my landline, so that is not an option (I thought you had got rid of that) or by email, which is fine, so I complete the email address (I must have typed it 50 times this afternoon)***@******.*** and press send code next. Then in order to go any further, I need to enter my identity code, which I do not know. I tried the access code to my computer, that I need to type in when I turn it on, but that did not work. So what to do now!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can you do it? I feel a nervous wreck too .I had never realised that something so seemingly simple could be so difficult.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Can i connect again please?
Please run Teamviewer again and give me the password
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ID###-##-#### ***** was Pumpkin10*
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is that what you wanted?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
connecting now...
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
it is not connecting, you closed the program?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry, I shut off my computer as I thought you had finished. I've had a break and had something to eat, so I don't mind continuing now. I'll get Teamviewer up now,. Password ******
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My computer is not working properly. Instead of the desktop display showing all my icons, the screen is just covered in lots of white sheets with no way that I can see, of getting rid of them. And unless the Teamview window appears at the side, I cannot communicate through that screen. I just hope that the Teamview is making my computer accessible for you and we can continue to communicate via this screen.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Anything new?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Can you restart the computer and try again as I have not been able to connect
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry Richard,
It didn't really work did it. It ended up by my computer shutting down and my not being able to start it again. I took computer and mobile phone to a local computer shop today, and it is all fixed now, for the princely sum of £10.
The thing is, that your firm says I only have to pay at least the initial £13 if I am completely satisfied, which I am not of course. Unfortunately, the £28 had no such guarantee, although if I had known it was going to be so complicated, starting up a different programme etc, I wouldn't have agreed to that in the first place.
So in other words, I do not think it is right or fair, for you to debit my account for the whole sum.