Chris L.
Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Email Expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

I can't update settings on hotmail acct There is an error

I can't update settings on hotmail acct There is an error number
Category: Email
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, how are you trying to get your mail. Are you logging in at hotmail.com or outlook.com or are you using an email program like microsoft outlook or windows mail?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
logging on at outlook.com
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
What exactly does it say when you attempt to log in? If you think this is too difficult and would like me to connect to your computer and do it for you click the get extra help button. If you do not need extra help you can always reply to me to continue the discussion if you have follow up questions.Thank you,Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm already logged in but there is an instruction Your Hotmail.co.uk settings need updating. with options to update or discard When I click update new screen appears works on problem for a while then screen with error number appears. I've done this several times and I always get the same error number
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Which web browser are you using?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(I can still access the e mails from my mobile device)
If you mean now - Bing
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Bing is not a web browser. Are you using internet explorer, chrome, firefox? Also can you tell me exactly what the message says?
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
I think you may be confused as to how you access the email. Are you going to a website or are you clicking on a mail icon?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I may well be confused. I am clicking on mail icon on the new windows 10. (I got into e mails on mobile through websearch using google but couldn't do it through app on mobile).
In the email site at the top of screen is message
Your susanwakefield @hotmail.co.uk account settings are out of date Update DismissClick update
New screen Shows internet activity and Just a minute we are worig on this
Then new screen saying Something went wrong. We're sorry but we weren't able to do that. Error 0x80070426
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you that information helps. You should be able to log into your mail at www.outlook.com however if you would like to fix the issue using the mail icon on windows 10 here are 3 potential solutions to try. Please follow the instructions carefully. Method 1: Try repairing the store and check if it helps:1. Press WinKEY + X or put the mouse in the lower left corner2. Open the Command Prompt (Run as Administrator)3. Type in WSReset.exe and hit enter. If the above method doesn’t fix the issue perform Method 2. Method 2:Follow the below steps:•Open Powershell as administrator•Run the commandGet-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online Method 3:This problem may appear when mail app fails to sync with the email server. If a license for an app is out of sync with the license installed on your PC, the app might stop working. Change the Sync Settings in the Mail App, follow the steps below to change mail app sync settings.On Search, click on “Mail” to open the Mail App.Click on “Settings”.Click on “Accounts”.Click on your email account from the list of accounts.Select the option “Email” under the section “Change mail box Sync settings”.One of the above should sort out your problem. Please take a moment please rate my service by clicking on one of the smiley faces below. You can always return to this page to talk with me any time.