Russell H.
Russell H., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Proud to have been getting computer technicalities into working order since 1988.
13568747

I cannot receive or send emails from my hotmail account.

Customer Question

I cannot receive or send emails from my hotmail account. I get a message saying the username or password ***** ***** I do not know what my username is, apart from my email address, and I have been through the process of changing my password ***** had an email from confirming the change, but I still cannot send emails not have I received any apart from from you.
Over the last few weeks I have had a series of emails from you saying that there has been unusual activity on my account andcan I verify my account details. I suspected these might be a scam and did not do anything until today.
Category: Email
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am dissatisfied with your response - i.e. none - and I wish to cancel my request and for you to refund my £26.
Peter Mason
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I must apologize that you received no response sooner.

If you cannot log in to your hotmail account, here are some useful facts:

1. your 'username' is your email address. For various reasons, your username is your whole email address when logging in to hotmail by the usual www.hotmail.com login page.

2. knowing your username, be sure CapsLock is not On... you can tell either by the CapsLock light being On, or by (when you type lower-case into a text document or entry field) the letters coming out LIKE THIS, IN ALL CAPS.

OK... did the emails threaten your account with closure? or did they say the activity violated the TOS / Terms Of Service of Hotmail or of MSN etc. ?

If the first, possibly a scam, but if the second, probably legitimate, and your account might perhaps be closed. It depends upon what the 'unusual activity' was, exactly. (Sending a lot of bulk / multiple-address emails? Receiving a lot of emails? or something else?)

As for your refund, if you want one rather than to pursue my helping you with this problem... for all issues of billing, payment, subscription terms and status, etc., I must refer you to Customer Support at JustAnswer.com, which may be contacted through:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

They will no doubt address your concern, if you contact them, with reasonable promptness.