Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

Windows 10 reserved end of July but no notification received

Customer Question

Windows 10 reserved end of July but no notification received yet of download availability. have tried to download Windows 10 through windows.com, but no success. Help!
Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. Do you see it in Windows Update?What is the error or message when downloading windows 10 from the Microsoft website?Can you go to Control Panel\System and Security\System and check if your System type is 32-bit or 64-bit?Do you currently have Windows 7 or 8 or 8.1?Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
where do i find windows update?I have windows 8.1 at presentThink I have 32-bit ?
Do you know how to open Control Panel on the computer? You can right-click on on the Windows logo icon at the bottom left corner in the Desktop screen mode, then a menu should pop up, then click on Control Panel, then there, click on System and Security, then click on System for System type. Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have opened control panel. Confirm 64 bit system
Thank you. Please go to Control Panel -> System and Security -> Windows Update, and then click on Check for updates on the left, and see if it detects any update , then download / install it, then if needed, check for windows update again and see if windows 10 update show up.- If that does not work, please download and install Windows 10 directly at the Microsoft website below:http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=616936Note: the download file name is ***** ***** reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

If that does not work, and/or if you'd just like the Start menu in Windows, then download / install the free Classic Shell program at the website below and check:

http://www.classicshell.net/

When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.