Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

I have 3 mail boxes -***@******.*** ( personal)

Customer Question

I have 3 mail boxes -***@******.*** ( personal)***@******.*** (business) and***@******.*** (wife's personal). All are normally accessed through outlook on Internet explorer. I cannot gain access to them - in the first attempt
it states invalid password ***** then when I retry the tab at the top of the page showing the outlook logo just has a cross by it and nothing happens. Last week I consulted one of your technicians and he solved it for me, but now it has reverted. 1. I need help
to get my e mail back 2. I need advice because it must be something I have done which has caused the reversion.
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Which version of windows are you using?
Please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows 10
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ThanksPress the windows key + R and type inMsconfigPress enterClick on the Services Tab and click "Hide All Microsoft Services" Then click Disable All Click ok, restart and let me know if you can then sign in please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have pressed OK and the cursor is still showing the blue circle - is this normal?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No its not,
Please do the following in Internet Explorer
Click Tools (the gear wheel top right) than Internet Options
Click on the General Tab and Delete all Temporary Internet Files.
Than click the Advance Tab and click Reset
Then restart the computer and try again.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
else Let me know the results please
Richard, Software Engineer
Experience: Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Richard - I am in your hands!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you! Can you go to www.teamviewer.com Click on Download for Free Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Richard, I am doing it now but it is taking a long time to open
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
no problem
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Richard - still no success. The blue cursor spins but ... nothing. Should I abort and try again?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Not yet, I want you first to do this
Press the windows key + X and click on command prompt (admin)
A black window will open.
Type in it
sfc /scannow
press enter and when it has completed, type in
chkdsk /r
Press enter.
It will give a message "the type of the file system is NTFS cannot lock current drive.
chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts y/n" Say Y, press enter and restart the computer.
Please note, while this normally only takes 10 minutes to run, it can take at times number of hours if windows encounters many issues. If this is occurring it is critical to let this complete as it means you have corruption on the hard drive that it needs to fix. Even if it looks like the scan is not progressing, it is, please just let it run to completion. Windows will then start when it has.
Then tell me if it still has the issue please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did that Richard and no black window appeared.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Did you see Command Prompt (admin) in the list?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes and I clicked on it as you asked. I have just tried it again and still no black window
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
restart the computer and try again please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Richard - I am answering from my I pad. Have gone to restart but it is taking a long time.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, this is all pointing to a hard ware problem....
What do you see on the screen now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just the circling dots. I have now switched off completely and started from cold. Shall I start again and try the prompt admin?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No, remove the power cable and hold the power button in for 60 seconds then release.
Then connect the cable, turn it on and try my instructions please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok Richard. I gave the black screen and the scan has started. I'll update you at the next step
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Scan finished, typed in check disc and got the message you advised, I answered Y and have restarted. Now scanning and repairing drive - 11% complete after a few minutes. Will touch base again when complete.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Richard - it is still on 11% so as you warned it could be some time. I will alert you when it is finished if that is OK?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
of course that's ok, your the customer, time frames therefore revolve around you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Richard hi. Check finished and lap top now "working" . Do you want me to try team viewer again now?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
First, try your emails and see if you have the same problem please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Exactly the same
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, now reset the password ***** try to sign in after doing this
https://secure.business.bt.com/ForgotPassword/Index
So reset the password, then tell me if you can sign in please
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I changed one of my passwords ( for***@******.***). On the first attempt I got in. On the second attempt I had the same response as before. Top left tab, outlook symbol and a x
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Its an issue with your account, its not your computer (we fixed that)
Call then on 0800(###) ###-####
Explain that when you reset your password ***** can then sign in, but then after a while it stops working.
That can then check your account and see what the issue is
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Richard, I am in conversation with them now. It seems that Windows 10 has created issues with passwords, and as you suspect it may be this and not my laptop which is the problem. Therapy thing is that the mailboxes I have on my I pad still work???
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, that may be the case but none of y other customers have the issue and they have windows 10....

Don't let them pass the buck, it stops with them, this I know. and if you need information, ask me here.