Frederick S
Frederick S, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Computer technician; founder of a home PC repair company.
33925084

I received an email this mooring that I think was a phishing

Customer Question

I received an email this mooring that I think was a phishing email.
Last year my XXXX account was hacked. I closed it but the hackers started sending out emails using variations of the old email address e.g.***@******.***. They have been doing this every 2 months or so using a different variation of that address.
I am concerned that they will start doing this with my iCloud email e.g. changing XXXX to XXXX. Are you able to monitor the new accounts that are being created that are close to mey address and block them?
Category: Email
Expert:  RickBrown replied 1 year ago.
Hi, name is***** will be helping you today.Unfortunately, we can not track and block accounts that way. The best way for you to protect your self, is to use a very strong password ***** your iCloud account. Hackers can spoof any email address pretty easily, and its very hard to stop them.