Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

My mobile phone has been stolen, I did set up Google photos

My mobile phone has been stolen, I did set up Google photos with an email address but have forgotten the address I do have the phone itemised number can you let me know the email address? I would like to retrieve all my photos from thie stolen phone
Category: Email
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help you with this issue.
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry that your phone was stolen, it's never a good thing...
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
Google offers various ways to recover your account. Is it possible that you register that phone number to your Google account?
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
The only think you will be able to do is follow the prompts on the following link:http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=46346
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
Please try it and let me know if it works. There aren't too many additional steps, but maybe there is another way your account can be recovered.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have followed the Google steps and only found my old account from my old Galaxy III phone, when I got my galaxy 5 I set up Google photos, the account they showed me only goes up to February, 2015, I need the photos from February to date, when I put the phone number in they sent a text message to it...... It's stolen!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
To clarify, you know have the gmail account that was used with the stolen phone, is this correct?
Please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Richard

I have been told that the phone automatically sets up email addresses, like I said I have the one email address that the photos go up to the Mid. Feb 15, but none since then to now. I am a little, no, a lot confused, should both the phones downloads be on one email address?

regards

M Taylor

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No it does not do this automatically, when you first setup the phone you set a gmail address for it to use. This you entered in (everything before the @gmail.com)
The downloads are on the email address you used on the stolen phone, that can be an existing one being also used on another phone or a new one, just depends on how you set it up.
you have no idea what gmail account you used on the stolen phone?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes I now have the gmail address but the photos only go up to February 2015 the phone was changed in early June 2015, this is when we set up the gmail address and google photos download, but like I said there aren't any since February.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, then it did not upload since then, may have been a connection or authentication issue, but you will not be able to get anymore photos then are listed there sorry.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard, is there any way I can find out when the gmail account was set up?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, you can sign into the account on www.gmail.com, then click on the Gear icon in the top right then click on Settings.Then click on Forwarding and POP/IMAPThen you see Status: POP is enabled for all mail that has arrived since and the date there is when it was set upIf you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think my new phone wasn't added to my account as a device, would that explain no photos? Can I add the stolen phone with a IMEI number? Will it update the photos? Or am I clutching at straws?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It would have had to have AN account on it, not possible to set it up otherwise.
But no sorry you cannot add it afterwards, only chance is to try to remember which account you used if it was not this one.
But if photos are until February there then it was that account, else the other photos would never have gotten there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think this answer relates to my original question, how do I find out if I have more than one account!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, and you cannot unless you remember what the gmail address is you set when setting it up, its like trying to unlock a door to a house when you have the key but no idea of the address.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do understand, but this was my original question, so not very happy :(
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I was your second expert and the first question I asked was
"To clarify, you know have the gmail account that was used with the stolen phone, is this correct?
Please let me know."
And in the next 2 messages you replied
"Yes I now have the gmail address but the photos only go up to February 2015 the phone was changed in early June 2015, this is when we set up the gmail address and google photos download, but like I said there aren't any since February."
I understand this is frustrating that you did not get your photos back, but I do not see that I ignored your question in anyway, when it was actually then first thing I inquired about.
But if you are not happy with my service then I am sorry about this, but I have done everything that is possible to assist you with this....
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hello again,
I see that you have left me a poor rating, instead of continuing to communicate with me.
Was that a mistake? With respect, negative ratings only hurt experts here by reflecting negatively and can keep us from assisting other customers. They should be used for when an expert is rude or the information provided was wrong. While you may not like the answer I provided, it was correct, and I stand by it. If you need clarification or additional information about my answer I will be happy to provide it.
Please, let me know how else, I can be of assistance.
Richard, Software Engineer
Experience: Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs