Sudipto
Sudipto, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Computer Hardware EngineerCertificate Course In Computer Maintenance,8+ years of Experience in computer troubleshooting
15197395

I have been emailing my partner who is on business in America

Customer Question

I have been emailing my partner who is on business in America successfully until Sunday and now cannot send or receive emails. This is very upsetting as we have no contact and he is not back for another 5 weeks. Also can't Skype him anymore can you please tell me why? Is the network down in south Carolina?
Category: Email
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell me, which email service do you use, like gmail, yahoo, hotmail etc. ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi, i am on gmail.

Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.
Do you access your emails from the browser ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I view my emails from my gmail account.

Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.
I know that, but can you tell me, how do you check your emails, like opening the gmail website and then entering your email address and password *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I go to my emails and click on and if I have any emails I click onto it and read it. I reply easily usually. I don't have to put my password *****

Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.
Ok, do you use Mac ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No I don't just WiFi. I have just been thinking I have bought a router and am having broadband installed with it on Fri morning. Could this be the problem? If it is I don't understand how I have kept in touch with my partner for 2 weeks using WiFi! If it doesn't work on Friday may I still get In touch with you?

Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.
I am not asking you about wifi, I wanted to know, if you use MAC or Windows ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No.

Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I do not understand your reply .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I do not use Mac or windows. I was going to use Mac but on reading I understand it doesn't work with a router, and as I'm having a router n broadband put in on Friday I thought against it. Would you advice to get Mac untill then?

Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.
Then, where do you check your emails ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

On my phone.

Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.
OK, can you access internet on your phone ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes I can. I use it on a daily basis.

Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.
Is this a android phone or iphone ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It is an android phone. I have unlimited internet access.

Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.
Ok, do you use gmail app or email app on the phone to access the emails, because there are two different app for emails in every android device.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes there is. I use gmail app.

Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.
OK, if you know the password ***** your email account then, delete it from your phone and re add it once more then, let me know the result.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry I was speaking to a man last night who told me to delete my password ***** my email address then put my password ***** in. I do not know how to do this. I have even googled to see how but am afraid to touch anything incase I lose anything. I am really upset now as not been touch with my partner since sSunday lunch! He is in America o n business for another 5 weeks.

Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I have read over your previous chat with Sudipto. Do you have a computer that you can try using to access your Gmail and sending through the computer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No I don't sorry.

Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the inconvinience , please let me know, if you want to continue or not ?