Sudipto
Sudipto, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Computer Hardware EngineerCertificate Course In Computer Maintenance,8+ years of Experience in computer troubleshooting
15197395

I have been emailing my partner who is on business in America

Customer Question

I have been emailing my partner who is on business in America successfully until Sunday and now cannot send or receive emails. This is very upsetting as we have no contact and he is not back for another 5 weeks. Also can't Skype him anymore can you please tell me why? Is the network down in south Carolina?
Category: Email
Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
Can you tell me, which email service do you use, like gmail, yahoo, hotmail etc. ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, i am on gmail.

Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
Do you access your emails from the browser ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I view my emails from my gmail account.

Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
I know that, but can you tell me, how do you check your emails, like opening the gmail website and then entering your email address and password *****
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I go to my emails and click on and if I have any emails I click onto it and read it. I reply easily usually. I don't have to put my password *****

Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
Ok, do you use Mac ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No I don't just WiFi. I have just been thinking I have bought a router and am having broadband installed with it on Fri morning. Could this be the problem? If it is I don't understand how I have kept in touch with my partner for 2 weeks using WiFi! If it doesn't work on Friday may I still get In touch with you?

Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
I am not asking you about wifi, I wanted to know, if you use MAC or Windows ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No.

Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
Sorry, I do not understand your reply .
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I do not use Mac or windows. I was going to use Mac but on reading I understand it doesn't work with a router, and as I'm having a router n broadband put in on Friday I thought against it. Would you advice to get Mac untill then?

Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
Then, where do you check your emails ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

On my phone.

Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
OK, can you access internet on your phone ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I can. I use it on a daily basis.

Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
Is this a android phone or iphone ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is an android phone. I have unlimited internet access.

Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
Ok, do you use gmail app or email app on the phone to access the emails, because there are two different app for emails in every android device.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes there is. I use gmail app.

Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
OK, if you know the password ***** your email account then, delete it from your phone and re add it once more then, let me know the result.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry I was speaking to a man last night who told me to delete my password ***** my email address then put my password ***** in. I do not know how to do this. I have even googled to see how but am afraid to touch anything incase I lose anything. I am really upset now as not been touch with my partner since sSunday lunch! He is in America o n business for another 5 weeks.

Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I have read over your previous chat with Sudipto. Do you have a computer that you can try using to access your Gmail and sending through the computer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No I don't sorry.

Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
Sorry for the inconvinience , please let me know, if you want to continue or not ?