IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

I have Microsoft Office 2010. Send/receive groups says "no

I have Microsoft Office 2010. Send/receive groups says "no mail accounts" so I have lost the ability to brimng in emails. Can you help please. By the way this happened after a maintenance scan was run!
Category: Email
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is***** you can see your e-mail account in Outlook 2010, but the "Send/Receive" button doesn't update the e-mails, then it seems that your e-mail account has been removed from the "Send/Receive" group. To re-add it, follow these instructions: 1. Start Outlook 20102. Click the File button located in the upper left corner and then click Options3. On the Outlook Options window, click on Advanced4. Scroll down a bit and click the Send/Receive button...5. On the Send/Receive Groups window, click the Edit... button6. You will then see a list of available e-mail accounts. Make sure all the check-boxes have been checked, and then click OK7. While you are still on the Send/Receive Groups window, make sure that the Include this group in send/receive (F9) check-box has been checked. You can specify the update interval there as well8. When done, click Close and OK9. The "Send/Receive" button should now work properly Let me know if these instructions helped.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Didn't work. When I went into edit in send/receive it came up not implemented
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Since there could be several possible causes of the problem, I would like to start remote desktop assistance to your computer so that I can see the problem myself and help you solve it.Let me if you would like that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes am ok with remote access
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Please click on the link below to download a remote desktop assistance program so that I can remotely connect to your computer: http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=1fb5eceb-ec31-48f7-b797-2b7205b4fc02Click the link and then click the green "I Agree" button, and run the downloaded file (named Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client) by double-clicking it. Permit the connection if asked so that I can connect. We will then be able to chat as well.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry as I cannot pick up incoming emails I am doing this via my iPhone so I can't proxy you in. I can't via my.justanswer get back to you on my system. I am thee but how do I pick up this conversation online again
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
No problem. You can continue to use iPhone to communicate with me, but go to your computer and enter this link in the web browser: http://tinyurl.com/remote-support-outlook-2015
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok done that
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Once you enter that link, you should see the "Join Your Remote Desktop Session" page. There click the green "I Agree" button, and run the downloaded file (named Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client) by double-clicking it. Permit the connection if asked so that I can connect. We will then be able to chat as well.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately not it says I have to open an account
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
No account needed. Try this link instead: http://bit.do/buhZK
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Connected.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
I should be able to automatically reconnect to your computer after the restart. It can take several minutes for all the updates to fully install.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is from my iPhone my computer is back on how do I reconnect to you?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
It looks like the connection interrupted, so I couldn't automatically reconnect.Please check if Outlook is working now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, it still says no mail accounts and still says upgrade in progress
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
OK. Here is a new link for remote desktop assistance: http://bit.do/buh3W
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Yes, but we didn't connect. Have you tried with a new link?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
In case there is an existing "ScreenConnect" window open, please exit it and then go to the new link (http://bit.do/buh3W) to download and start the remote desktop assistance program.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Looks like something is wrong with remote desktop assistance program. Anyway, I suggest repairing Microsoft Office (Outlook) installation which should solve the problem. Here is how to do it: 1. Exit Outlook, Word and any other Office program2. Click the Windows Start button and click Control Panel3. Click on Program and Features4. A list of all installed programs will appear. There locate Microsoft Office 2010, right-click it and select Change5. Select Repair and click Next6. Wait for the repair process to finish7. When done, restart the computer8. After the restart, start Outlook and check the results
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok it's repairing
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Good. Let me know the results after the restart.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you it has worked
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Great! I am glad it worked! If there is anything else I can help you with, let me know. Before you leave, please take a moment to rate my assistance with the stars located in the upper right corner of this page. Regards,IT Miro
Customer: replied 1 year ago.