Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

L appear no longer to have email facility. I was using a/c

Customer Question

l appear no longer to have email facility. I was using a/c***@******.*** with a .pst file. I recently received notification that my Office account was about to expire so I immediately renewed but possibly did so wrongly as my credit card (American Express via Lloyds Bank) had been renewed. I tried to notify the change of validity from and to, but then realised the renewal was blocked by Lloyds; on authorising payment to MS that seemed OK but I realised I had inadvertently changed the Office version. I now have Outlook, Access, Word, Publisher OK but no longer have email.
I will shortly be contacting my local technical support (1st Class Computers Repair) but can you help? I have been diagnosed with a terminal illness but should last without referral back to the local hospital for a while yet and expect to be around for the first part at least of the New Year. Incidentally I have since it was first announced notified that I would like to install Windows 10 but have yet to receive notification that I can now download it. I am still running Windows 8.1.
sincerely
(Mr) Jan Hoare,***** Burpham, GUILDFORD, GU4 7YJ, UK. t: +44-1483-457-377, m: +44-77-3800-0903.
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
You fell for a scam sorry, the email you received was a fake email, designed to get your details.
First, contact your credit card company and inform them of this before the people start using it. You need to do this asap.
Second, what is the exact message you get when you try to access your emails?
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,