Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

I wonder if you could help me. I tried to download the free

I wonder if you could help me. I tried to download the free Windows 10 to my boss's computer but I gave the wrong email address. So when I go in to that particular computer it obviously sends the information to start downloading to a non-existant email address. How can I go about rectifying the email address. I gave the email address as***@******.*** instead of***@******.***.
@Sue
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
You cannot change it but its not important as it does not send anything about the upgrade to the address.
Once Windows 10 is available, you are notified directly on the computer,not via emalil, but via the windows logo in the bottom right of the screen near the time, Just open the Get Windows 10 app to check.
Once it is ready for your computer it will indicate this to you when you click the icon or a pop up in that area will show.
If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My boss and I looked at the bottom right corner and clicked on the Windows 10 button which was there and it is telling us that we must wait until it validates Windows 10 for that particular PC as the computer is not used that often. So I will try again in a few days time. When I downloaded Windows 10 onto my computer I also was asked to give an email address. If you need to email me my address is***@******.***.
Sue
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Sue,
Give it a few days to validate and it will then install. It will tell you there at that location on the screen when it is ready.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard I have been trying to download windows 10 on that particular computer for a few weeks now. Surely it does not take that long to validate a PC even though it is not used much
Thanks Sue
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It can Sue, some computers cannot even install it yet as they have issues with Microsoft.
But it has nothing to do with the email, you just need to wait until its completed validating.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Richard. I will try again next week to see if it will download.