Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

I want to shut down my outlook account and it takes 2

I want to shut down my outlook account and it takes 2 months to shut down. I just want to know the best way to alert people that email that account to let them know that the account is actually shut down
Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,The best way is to email all your contacts from your current email account you want to use.Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

There are some people I dont want to email. i just need them to know its closed.

Gmail is quick and sends automated message.

Outlook is frustrating me. Could I set an out of office

What is the email type you want to close, such as @outlook.com, @hotmail.com, etc.? Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

@outlook.com

Sign in your outlook email at the Outlook websitehttp://www.outlook.com/, then there, click on the gear icon at the top right, then click on Options, then clicking on Sending automated vacations replies, then select the option "Send vacation replies to people who email me", then write out out of office message, then click on Save at the bottom.Thank you.